File Manager - Address Bar [SOLVED]
Hello Everyone,

Currently I have only been able to find a full address path label for each file list within the file manager. Is there any way to display just the current folder you are in within a label. I tried using the "Container.FolderName" code but it didn't seem to pick up the folders I selected within the file manager file list, is there a way to link the actions of the file manager to this code? Or does anyone know of any other ideas?

May not be a great idea, but I just would like to see how it would look.
Depending on how deep of a folder structure one has, the full path bar can only show so much anyways, especially because it can only really be half a screen due to the fact that there are two address bars needed to be shown. So just showing the current folder you are in may look better, or maybe not?

If anyone has any ideas or if this cannot be done, please let me know, Thank You.
So you want to show only content of folder, without label or something else?
I trying to figure out what you need exactly,I also have sometimes difficult questions in the forum.
Thank You for responding.

To explain a little further.
So if I was to go into the file manager and navigate through my folders, the address bar label at the top would show, for example
C:\FILES\MEDIA\MUSIC\ROCK

Is there an option to just have it show
ROCK

Just displaying the current folder you are in, rather than the full path that the ID 101 and ID 102 labels display.

As I mention above this request probably isn't really all that useful but I would just like to see if there is any benefit when I test it out.
HI!
Now I understand what you want, I'm not sure how to accomplish this.
But I for example use the following to present video file.

Quote:<onclick>ActivateWindow(VideoFiles,C:\XONE\Upload Studio\Capture,return)</onclick>

I don't know do you have some benefit, from this suggestion.
And is it necessary to use file manager?
Thank you again for your response

I have similar things in my WIP skin setup when it comes to using the main categories of Kodi.

I and or other future users wouldn't necessarily be using the file manager as a frontend if that is what you mean.
The file manager does however come in handy to those who use Kodi in a HTPC situation where no keyboard and mouse are used.
The file manager can provide the ability to move/copy files, rename files, create new folders, etc.

It just may or may not look and function a little better if the path address could be displayed smaller if it is possible.
Yes I also have trouble with file manager, I never find time to finish some interface for him.
But I also like to use some of his advantages, but it is necessary to go directly to the file manager.
I would like to use some shortcuts like for move, rename files, copy, new folders.

What's your skin on WIP thread?
For the left pane
Code:
$INFO[Container(20).ListItem.FolderName]

For the right pane
Code:
$INFO[Container(21).ListItem.FolderName]
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
jurialmunkey
Thank You, this works great and is very helpful.

senna99
Yeah the file manager definitely has it's benefits, but I guess it all depends how each user specifically uses Kodi that determines how important it is to them. Some can probably use Kodi without ever majorly needing it at all I would imagine.
At the moment I don't have my own WIP thread created, I am in more of the beginner stages of skinning. I have edited an existing skin almost to completion, but I am still toying around with ideas. Every time I think I have edited all the screens, I find a couple more that I was unaware of.

Thanks Again Guys

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
File Manager - Address Bar [SOLVED]0