How are games launched exactly
As far as I see the emulators included in your branch do not have any UI of themselves. They just register for "Rom Mediatypes".

1. What about standalone games? Would they just launch the RetroPlayer Core with "their game" when the addon carrying them is launched?

2. I cloned your branch and compiled it (on OS X). There is a Games category. Has this something to do with your RetroPlayer or is it completely unrelated. It seems so.
1. In the addon.xml for the game binary add-on, you can provide a <supports_no_game>true</supports_no_game> tag. ATM there's no way to launch these add-ons, but eventually they'll get their own folder in the MyGames window or something

2. The Games category on the homescreen launches a new "MyGames" window (added in commit 0010 of the RetroPlayer patch). Can't have a game player without a games window Wink
(2015-04-08, 22:10)garbear Wrote: 1. In the addon.xml for the game binary add-on, you can provide a <supports_no_game>true</supports_no_game> tag. ATM there's no way to launch these add-ons, but eventually they'll get their own folder in the MyGames window or something

So you can't just navigate to the Add-on (using settings) and launch it?
No, add-ons can't be launched from the add-on manager. They will eventually show up under "game add-ons" in the game window
I don't see your problem - you have a ROM like a movie file (optionally in a nice database) you select it and simply play it.
read again. there are no roms.
@athei - IMO the long term plan is that "real" game addons integrate into the games window just as roms and can be directly started form there as well. But this feature is not added yet as the main focus is to get the emulators and input handling running. I think after the initial version of retroplayer (or the games window) has been merged in mainline, improvements will show up and also add the feature you need. You're ofc also free to try adding this feature and share your code.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How are games launched exactly0