Keyboard Dialog Questions
Hello Everyone,

Virtual Keyboard Dialog Questions
1.) MOVED THIS QUESTION TO IT'S OWN THREAD

2.) Is there any way to have the keyboard dialog to always start with the "Caps Lock" button ON but also have the cursor be focused on the "Done" key upon opening the keyboard dialog?
ALMOST SOLVED

3.) When you have the "Caps Lock" button ON and you go into "Symbols", when you select a specific symbol, the keyboard automatically turns off the "Caps Lock", does anyone know of a way to stop this from happening?
SEEMS TO BE JUST THE WAY THIS IS PROGRAMMED

4.) Again not greatly important, but if a user of your skin has a file with a long name that they want to rename that goes beyond the "WIDTH" dimension of the typing field, you get .... at the end of the field, but it does not seem there is a way to see the end of the filename. I tried using the right cursor arrows but it just goes beyond the dimension without panning. Does anyone know of a way to view the end of the filename?
SEEMS TO BE JUST THE WAY THIS IS PROGRAMMED

Thank you to anyone who reads this and for any advice offered.

Code:
<onload>Control.Message(303,click)</onload>
Hitcher
Thank You for your response, this works great and is very helpful to me.

Everyone
I have updated QUESTION #1 and added a couple more keyboard questions to my original post above, if anyone has any info to share.

Thank You
QUESTION #2
When I tested out the solution for QUESTION #2 I found a little glitch to it.

Code:

When I put the following code at the top of my virtual keyboard xml file it works, but when you exit the keyboard and re-enter it the CAPS LOCK is then turned off, then if you close it again and re-enter it the CAPS LOCK turns back on.

Basically each time the virtual keyboard is opened it is toggling the CAPS LOCK key on and off, does anyone know if there is a way
around this?

Thank You
What about adding onunload with same action? This should - theoretically - work Wink
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Or add a condition to check whether it's on or not in the onload action.
Hey guys thanks for the responses

mkortstiege
I gave your method a go first, because my knowledge of getting certain "conditional" type coding to work is weak at the moment.

At the top of my xml file I put the onunload tag under the onload tag (as shown below) but unfortunately I was not successful at getting this to work. The keyboard dialog still toggles the CAPSLOCK on and off upon opening.

Code:
<onunload>Control.Message(303,click)</onunload>

Is this the coding / method you were suggesting?

Thank You
Jep, that's what i had in mind. Too bad it's not working.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Code:
<onload condition="!SubString(Control.GetLabel(303),*)">Control.Message(303,click)</onload>

Checks whether caps is off when loading and turns it on if it's not.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Keyboard Dialog Questions0