Release Video Addon for tubi tv
No.
It seems this addon is dead, and not likely to resurrected anytime soon judging from the developer's response. I wound up removing it from my Raspberry Pi's as it was just taking up space at this point. Too bad, it was great while it lasted.

I am curious as to what other device might have a working tubi-tv app. Amazon Fire stick maybe?

I'll consider anything but a Roku at this point for the stuff that simply won't work in Kodi anymore.
Given the toxic attitude of some of the developers I predict that Kodi itself will be all but dead in five years. It's happened before with this type of software, anyone remember Boxee?

Anyway this type of response is why I am so unmoved by the posts about how the pirate boxes are killing Kodi. I don't support piracy but this is a perfect case in point, the developers are not giving people the addons they want even when they are used for legal content, and if people can't find what they want in Kodi and then they find they can go "off the ranch" and get the addons they want, suddenly those third-party addon developers start to look like the heroes. I don't know if one of those other repo sites has a Tubi.tv addon but maybe we should start looking there. I'll bet those third party developers don't give a rat's behind about whether some component is covered by GPL or not, and neither do users.
Sorry.
It's Monday morning, forum philosophy in the above is way beyond me before the first cup of coffee.
It's something akin to Olivia Munn's "it ain't cheating if it's up the ass" jewel. It'll probably be clearer after coffee.
I guess following Kodi development rules, public software license terms, not infringing on patent law = 'toxic attitude'.
That will probably be clearer after the second cup and a cigarette.
First of all your one-word response of "no" was rude and dismissive. Second of all, users don't give a flying fig (or that other "f" word) about all the legal technicalities, and I think sometimes developers use them as a convenient excuse not to do something. Maybe you were tired of working on this addon, maybe you have it working for yourself and don't care about other users, I don't know, but it seems to me that if you were willing to be a little flexible perhaps you could find some way to release it. If the problem is that the software you'd need to use is indeed free software but just not covered by GPL, then you could release it as a third-party addon and to hell with Kodi development rules; they don't apply if your addon's not in Kodi's official repository. On the other hand if the problem is that there is no free version of the software available, then maybe it would be possible for you to release the pieces you have and let others add in the "illegal" part (or maybe that would inspire someone to come up with a legal alternative). The point is that when stupid "intellectual property" laws get in the way of progress, the challenge should be how to get around them without exposing yourself to personal legal liability. On the other hand if it's simply that someone has decided that one particular form of free software license is better than the others, then at that point it's not a question of legality anymore, the software is free to use and it's really stupid and counterproductive to ignore that software because the author chose one particular free license over the one that the Kodi developers prefer.

It's like how Ubuntu is free software but there is a repository you can add to get "non-free" addons. As long as the user adds that in then there is no liability to the Ubuntu developers. And Ubuntu would be pretty useless to many people without access to some of those "non-free" addons.

I have no idea who Olivia Munn is.
No, sir?
@xbmclinuxuser @learningit does not want to violate their ToS.

http://tubitv.com/terms.html

Quote:1. DESCRIPTION OF SERVICE AND ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS OF USE EFFECTIVE: DECEMBER 28, 2015

Tubi TV ("Tubi TV," "we," or "us") provides an video streaming service offering a selection of television shows, movies, clips, and other content (collectively, the "Content"). Our video service, the Content, our player for viewing the Content (the "Video Player") and any other features, tools, applications, materials, or other services offered from time to time by Tubi TV in connection with its business, however accessed, are referred to collectively as the "Tubi TV Services."

The Content is available for permissible viewing on or through the following (collectively, the "Properties"):

the tubitv.com website (the "Tubi TV Site");
Tubi TV's affiliate and distributor websites;
other websites where users or website operators are permitted to embed the Video Player; and
Tubi TV authorized applications, features or devices or websites.
It is our pleasure to provide the Tubi TV Services for your personal enjoyment and entertainment in accordance with these Terms of Use. To access and enjoy the Tubi TV Services, you must agree to, and follow, the terms and conditions set forth in these Terms of Use. By visiting the Tubi TV Site or using any of the Tubi TV Services (including accessing any Content) you are acknowledging that you have read and understood these Terms and will agree to the Terms. So, please take a moment to carefully read through these Terms. It is our goal to provide you with a first class user experience, so if you have any questions or comments about these Terms, please contact us at: [email protected].

If you want to violate their ToS you can feel free to do so.
There are alternatives. The Amazon Firestick has Tubi TV freely available through their app store. Also, Tubi TV is freely available in my Samsung Smart TV Hub. Both work fine.
Unfortunately they are chock-full of ads, and I'd rather not view them that way. Plus they do not seem to have as high resolution as the Kodi add-on did.

FYI: Tubi is on the Roku too;.
http://www.puppetmaster.tv/

Just an update. The new android app Puppetmaster.tv has a Tubi TV plug in that seems to work fine.

The app integrates nicely with the Leanback Launcher.
The third party coder is probably ignoring the terms from the site. That said, does this mean they are not protecting / encrypting stuff anymore? The site went a pseudo re-design a couple of months back, during wich, the home page was not accesible, at least from where i live...
there is a working addon but it comes from a site t
[Edited by mod]
https://tubitv.com/
Thousands of titles
Watch amazing movies and TV shows for free. No subscription fees, and no credit cards. Just thousands of hours of streaming video content from studios like Paramount, Lionsgate, MGM and more.
The Tubi TV add-on in the Kodi.org was removed at the request of the content owner. I'm closing this thread as further discussion isn't relevant.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video Addon for tubi tv0