Linux Kodi on Ubuntu Server Trusty -- ION1 GPU
I only use LTS releases

Look at my signature for 24p /checking fixes etc (last link).
@un1versal I tried to add the official Ubuntu ppa for drivers. I added the ppa, updated, and then run: sudo apt-get install nvidia-graphics-drivers-340
But I get the following error message:

server@SERVER:~$ sudo apt-get install nvidia-graphics-driver-340
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
E: Unable to locate package nvidia-graphics-driver-340

And the other ppa is no longer available. Any ideas?
Code:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
sudo apt-get install nvidia-graphics-driver-340
Yes, that is exactly what I did, and no go. Then I tried install nvidia-340, that worked, but I got gnome and many other things installed too. Now I have to reinstall Ubuntu Server.

Can I follow Intel EGL VAAPI how to or the AMD how to here in sticky? Or is there one for NVIDIA?
thats Intel only but you can adpat it to nividia by not doing the intel specific bits, for other config tips see my signature.
Yes, I know it is Intel specific. But what do I need to leave out exactly? Your post is to automated install.
@un1versal
Something is wrong. I just can't install nvidia drivers using sudo apt-get install nvidia-graphics-driver-340, just with nvidia-340
But with this Unity is installed on Ubuntu Server.
Any ideas?
nvidia-340 is right...

no idea about unity, I dont use any of those ubuntu anything, I use a ubuntu minimal iso, which is like the server but doesnt intall any server components, I prefer to add what I need manually after that.
I ran into the same problem today, even though this is an old thread it may still help googling people (like me) to solve this.

Code:
sudo apt-get install --no-install-recommends nvidia-340 nvidia-settings libvdpau-dev

Installed the needed nvidia drivers without gnome for me.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi on Ubuntu Server Trusty -- ION1 GPU0