OS X Logitech Harmony 300 remote wont work as MCE Keyboard
I can't get my Logitech Harmony to work with Kodi.

I've found a couple of forum posts suggesting changing the settings to allow keyboard presses via remote control.

Quote:In System settings, System, Input devices enable the setting "Remote control sends keyboard presses".

However in Kodi 14.2 this setting no longer exists.

I have the device type setup in the MyHarmony app as Microsoft MCE keyboard and have a DIGIflex cheap USB IR receiver like this one (I also have the matching remote).

Alas the key presses on the Harmony 300 remote just don't do anything in Kodi.

HELP?
RaspberryPi 3 (Main Media Centr): OSMC 2016.10-1
Mac Mini (Main Media Centre): OS X 10.11.6, Kodi 16.1 Jarvis
Mac Pro: OS X 10.11.6, Kodi 16.1 Jarvis
That setting only affects the ability to select letters on the on-screen-keyboard.

As far as I know, "true" MCE remotes do not work on OS X. Only remotes that are seen as fake keyboards work.
(2015-04-10, 05:09)Ned Scott Wrote: That setting only affects the ability to select letters on the on-screen-keyboard.

As far as I know, "true" MCE remotes do not work on OS X. Only remotes that are seen as fake keyboards work.

Do you know what device to select in the MyHarmony remote app to make the remote work as one of these 'fake keyboards'? Or know of any way of getting a Harmony remote to work with an IR receiver, OS X and Kodi? Most people discussing it on the Kodi forums are using Windows, Linux or some other distro like OpenELEC?
There is no setting on the remote that you can use. The receiver itself has to be seen as a USB keyboard, such as a Flirc (wiki).
(2015-04-13, 00:21)Ned Scott Wrote: The receiver itself has to be seen as a USB keyboard, such as a Flirc (wiki).

The IR receiver AFIK doesn't appear as a USB keyboard. And because of the way OS X gets you to configure new keyboards by first connecting it to the computer and then pressing a series of keys, such as 'Press the button to the right of the shift key' which the remote doesn't have, I don't think I can actually get the IR receiver to but officially recognised as a keyboard device using the OS X System Preferences.

Maybe it's just not possible?
It is not possible with that receiver. You need a Flirc or something similar.
(2015-04-12, 11:13)juliushibert Wrote:
(2015-04-10, 05:09)Ned Scott Wrote: That setting only affects the ability to select letters on the on-screen-keyboard.

Do you know what device to select in the MyHarmony remote app to make the remote work as one of these 'fake keyboards'? Or know of any way of getting a Harmony remote to work with an IR receiver, OS X and Kodi? Most people discussing it on the Kodi forums are using Windows, Linux or some other distro like OpenELEC?

I used a Harmony with OSX for years, using the Plex profile in the Harmony software
For the built-in IR receiver, sure. However, a lot of Macs don't have that anymore :(

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Logitech Harmony 300 remote wont work as MCE Keyboard0