Req fallback all unresolved font in skin to Arial
Hi I'm a Chinese freshnew user of this great application. My goal is to make Kodi more CJK-friendly, especially to get the Chinese Subtitle stutter/frame drop/lag/choppy issue solved. I think I may start with this feature request first:

(I think this applied to every Kodi build for now, you can all change your Kodi's display language to Chinese and see.)

Every Chinese Kodi guide start with an awkward moment about how you set the GUI to Chinese:
Normally when you set Apperance->International->Language to Chinese(Simplified), all characters in the UI disappears, no word is displayed because usually the fonts that come with the skin do not include CJK characters. Sometimes we can simply "walk in the dark" to change skin font to "Arial Based". Sometimes if the skin doesn't support the "arial based" option, we'd have to edit some xml file in skin to substitue the font.

This is really awkward and inconvenient. Frankly the disappearance of every character on UI sometimes scares many of us away. Could we just fallback every character not resolved in custom font to the default arial.ttf? That would be very helpful for every Asian users.

I see Isengard is making a great effort on revamping multi-language support, so I guess it's the right time to submit this feature request. Indeed I even downloaded the latest Nightly build to see if it's already changed, only to find out there's no way I can change the display language to check for now. I understand now language is moved to add-on, but I didn't see anywhere to add Chinese?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
fallback all unresolved font in skin to Arial0