v14 Working TV channel indicator
I would like to request a good feature in Kodi to have an indicator for TV channel that are working or dead. Sometime we can load 200-300 TV channel using PVR IPTV Client. But more often then not there are quite a number of channel that are not working.

I would suggest that Kodi create an indicator button on the side of the TV channel to indicate that the TV channel is functioning and can be watch.

Kodi can used color code like green for working channel, orange for unstable channel (those channel that sometime have and sometime don't have) and red for the TV channel that are dead.

After you have the above channel indicator, you may want to sort the TV channel list by have TV channel with green indicator listed on top i.e No.1 position, orange indicator listed after the green channel and those red color dead channel listed at the end of the list.

The current listed of channel wasting me a lot of time to find out which channel is working and which channel is dead. For working channel, I label it as favorite just to save my time to locate it again.

Hope someone can help me who just used Kodi for a few week to have the feature that I suggest above incorporate into next Kodi upgrade.

Kodi may have the feature that I mention above. If that is the case can someone help me to find the working TV channel/link indicator feature?
How should kodi determine if a channel is dead or not?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Manually when we select a TV channel and it doesn't load then it is dead link. Maybe the programmer of kodi can think of a way for example ping the TV channel HTTP link address to see whether there is any response in certain time and from there classify it as alive or dead channel.
you are better off using your own playlist than one that you found on the internet.
(2015-04-10, 12:46)annhocklim Wrote: Manually when we select a TV channel and it doesn't load then it is dead link. Maybe the programmer of kodi can think of a way for example ping the TV channel HTTP link address to see whether there is any response in certain time and from there classify it as alive or dead channel.

This is a problem that only exists for those massive pirate/bootleg playlists. That's not what IPTV Simple Client was made for. People are supposed to make their own playlists and maintain their own links, typically from something like a local network tuner or legitimate video streams. No one here is going to be motivated to help people pirate live TV.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Working TV channel indicator0