Help Wanted - Just need somebody to run a few (NFS) tests
(2015-04-12, 23:47)ronbaby Wrote: Maybe you could try remove the -maproot= options from your /etc/exports file and try again. Yea, yea, I know. The OpenELEC people recomment that option, but I don't use it.

Removed it, and sym links still work. The only effect of removing "-maproot=neil:neil" is (obviously) to prevent the root user from creating files as neil:neil, since I have these NFS exports mounted at the OS level also.

(2015-04-12, 23:47)ronbaby Wrote: It scares the living bejesus out of me, and seems like an awfully bad idea, from a security standpoint. (Anybody who managed to make it into/onto my network could pretty easily get into my OpenELEC box, as root even. I don't much feel like allowing any such hypothetical attackers to also have root privs on my NFS server volumes.)

It's a risk I understand and am prepared to accept. If you're not, don't use it - it shouldn't make any difference when only reading files.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2015-04-13, 00:12)ronbaby Wrote: Milhouse, you posted a file containing <source> ... </source>. I'll be more than happy to show you what is currently contained in my copy of this file, if you will only be kind enough to give me the filename and the full pathname of where it lives.

~/.kodi/userdata/sources.xml
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
I just found and documented an apparent cross-platform bug involving Kodi's built-in NFS client and symlinks:

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=298738

This new bug may or may not be related to the one discussed in this thread, which I started way back in April, 2015, however it seems to have some of the exact same ill-effects, so the two might be related.

As in the case of the alleged bug I had reported in this thread from April, 2015, this new bug that I've tried to document at the link above is really rather difficult to reliably reproduce. It can be reliably reproduced, I believe, but a whole bunch of things have to line up perfectly before one can do that, it seems.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help Wanted - Just need somebody to run a few (NFS) tests0