• 59(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 15.0) Part 2
I changed string in the german translation 7 days ago, but the changes are not yet pushed to an updated language pack. Problem with the translation is that for some reason someone decided to translate GUI to "Benutzeroberfläche" all over the place, which I agree in general is more userfriendly, but also way to long unfortunately.

edit: new and upcoming translation is "Aktualisierungsrate der Benutzeroberfläche begrenzen"
Am I missing something regarding web interface addons ? I installed this Kodi on a new RPI2 and I am unable to find the Chorus addon. I tried to install it manually and it says it has an incorrect structure.
@da-anda
Good, verry good translation - think that's a non-destructive readout for grafikbox ;-)
perfect
(2015-05-26, 21:05)ktfzone Wrote: Am I missing something regarding web interface addons ? I installed this Kodi on a new RPI2 and I am unable to find the Chorus addon. I tried to install it manually and it says it has an incorrect structure.

Contact the Chorus maintainer - there's probably a good reason you can't find the addon, is it even compatible with Isengard?
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2015-05-26, 21:08)Milhouse Wrote:
(2015-05-26, 21:05)ktfzone Wrote: Am I missing something regarding web interface addons ? I installed this Kodi on a new RPI2 and I am unable to find the Chorus addon. I tried to install it manually and it says it has an incorrect structure.

Contact the Chorus maintainer - there's probably a good reason you can't find the addon, is it even compatible with Isengard?

It's there.
Probably his local setup is flawed
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2015-05-26, 21:09)Martijn Wrote: It's there.
Probably his local setup is flawed

Thanks, I really shouldn't take people at their word... Smile
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Will do some more digging. I have 2 RPIs , same version, one of them has it installed for some time, the other one doesn't see the web interface addons. Ignore me for now Smile
When I change refreshrate the confirmation box says something like "return to homescreen". Wasn't like that before. Just reporting.
(2015-05-26, 03:08)MukiDA Wrote: I'm gonna have to test versions individually to be sure, but for versions of OpenELEC past 521, I'm not getting any 3D playback whatsoever. Trying to play a 3D movie results in a black screen and paused playback.

I would also recommend adding "Frame Packed" as a 3D type, outright, rather than attempt to implement it into an existing stereoscopic setup.

I have also the problem, 3D full frame doesn't play anymore. i get also the black screen but with sound
New OpenELEC Isengard build #0526: RPi / RPi2
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 4.0.4 #1 Tue May 26 21:02:48 BST 2015 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
May 23 2015 16:42:55
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version 29d1114a122b6ef70bdfb7d4db3dd28bdfc38ac2 (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
OpenELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20150526210200-#0526-g08f6036 [Build #0526]

# vcdbg log msg 2>&1 | grep DTOK
001542.378: Kernel trailer DTOK property says yes

# Kernel device tree status: Enabled

Based on tip of OpenELEC master (08f60365, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (b1e80a96, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. BD Bookmark change
Build Details:
  1. XBMC:
    • Honor episode bookmarks in bd simple menu (PR:7017, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
(2015-05-25, 20:27)popcornmix Wrote: If you have stuttery videos, try enabling the PTS mode and let me know if it helps.

It helps. It fixes the problem.
Quote:Let me know if enabling PTS mode makes any videos worse.
I didn't find a such
There is another problem for a long time. Frequent recourse to video files causes inhibition of OS. I mean, do start / stop some videos 6-10 times, then the sound disappears and everything starts working slow. Helps to restart.
(2015-05-26, 12:47)popcornmix Wrote:
(2015-05-25, 19:16)bagofcrap24 Wrote:
Code:
echo "blacklist snd-bcm2835" /storage/.config/modprobe.d/disable-snd-bcm2835.conf

Correction:
Code:
echo "blacklist snd-bcm2835" > /storage/.config/modprobe.d/disable-snd-bcm2835.conf

Thank you @popcornmix. This worked and my hifiberry digi board is alive again.
(2015-05-27, 09:02)MONSTA Wrote: There is another problem for a long time. Frequent recourse to video files causes inhibition of OS. I mean, do start / stop some videos 6-10 times, then the sound disappears and everything starts working slow. Helps to restart.

Can you grab a log next time it happens. I have seen this error (with dvdplayer - not omxplayer):
Code:
23:25:16 T:8116   ERROR: ActiveAE::ActiveAE::CActiveAE::MakeStream - could not create stream
23:25:16 T:8116   ERROR: CDVDPlayerAudio::Process - failed to create audio renderer

And that does produce an effect like you've described (video starts without audio, but grinds to a halt after a number of seconds).

Looks like it's not a Pi specific error.
However I've not seen it in my dev environment and cannot make it fail on demand which is necessary to debug it.

If you identify a reliable way of provoking this error, that would be very useful. If you do, provide a debug log, sample file and explain any settings that are non-default.
I've seen it as well and my workaround which seems to work ok for now is to change the setting for keeping the audio device alive from 1 minute to forever/always. Periodically I would have some weird static sound after stopping a video, but if I started it and then stopped it again the static would go away.
  • 59(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 15.0) Part 214