New OpenELEC Isengard build #0605: RPi / RPi2
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 4.0.4 #1 Fri Jun 5 21:02:38 BST 2015 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
May 31 2015 14:24:30
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version b127f62bd972cebb74a816b01b90ecfacc226baa (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
OpenELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20150605210149-#0605-gfaf29e7 [Build #0605]

# vcdbg log msg 2>&1 | grep DTOK
001548.835: Kernel trailer DTOK property says yes

# Kernel device tree status: Enabled

Based on tip of OpenELEC master (faf29e7c, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (0cb38410, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. Various updates
Build Details:
  1. OpenELEC:
    • Update libinput and xf86-input-libinput (PR:4182, 2 commits, 2 files changed)
    • sundtek-mediatv: rebuild for new devices support (PR:4183, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • cmake: update to cmake-3.2.3, clean $HOST_*FLAGS to force cmake to prefer its internal headers then the toolchain ones (52824b5f)
    • Add CuBox-i remote codes (0c411cff)
    • mesa: update to mesa-10.6.0-rc3 (9d58f666)
    • xorg-server: update to xorg-server-1.17.1 (031ece05)
    • xf86-video-intel: update to xf86-video-intel-2.99.917 (be756962)
    • libva-intel-driver: update to libva-intel-driver-1.6.0.pre1 (3d1eea3c)
    • libva: update to libva-1.6.0.pre1 (396f71d6)
    • xf86-video-intel: update to xf86-video-intel-7d30cce (c67d2a25)
    • projects/imx6/patches/linux: fix driver for st1232 touchscreen controller it can work as singletouch or multitouch in singletouch mode added touch button event (02a76526)
    • libpng: update to libpng-1.6.17 (3b284eb2)
    • v4l-utils: update CuBox-i remote patch (b3fadeba)
    • audioencoder.flac: update to audioencoder.flac-a5e2d12 (a1593e22)
    • audioencoder.lame: update to audioencoder.lame-b283cd5 (0250646c)
    • audioencoder.vorbis: update to audioencoder.vorbis-15d619d (50415195)
    • audioencoder.wav: update to audioencoder.wav-797c990 (12b6668c)
    • kodi: fix binaddons cc badness (ecb91611)
  2. XBMC:
    • [Fix][subs] Don't try to read vob sub files (without a corresponding … (PR:7225, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • combine split strings into a single string and only use textbox (PR:7200, 1 commit, 16 files changed)
  3. dcadec:
    • Fix pkgconfig path (502f60aa)
    • Refine minimum XXCH frame header size estimation. (2a9186e3)
  4. kernel 4.0.y:
    • New commits in this build:
      • BCM270x_DT: Configure UART using DT (2408bc9b)
      • Merge pull request #1005 from pelwell/rpi-4.0.y (3ff92a0b)
      • vchiq_arm: ARCH_BCM2835 compatibility (b16cafd4)
      • BCM270x_DT: Enable UART in the example Compute Module DTS as well (befb8736)
      • bcm270x defconfigs: Remove spurious entries (6ec99e16)
      • BCM270x_DT: Add a label to the clocks node, and a few aliases (29855433)
      • sdhost-overlay: Move clock declaration out of /soc (2753d14c)
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Hi, I have again a problem, this time with 3D.
Some days ago I switched a Movie from 3D to monoscope 2D.
This worked fine but since then every 3D movie is played in monoscope 2D.
Kodi shows the popup menu doubled for SBS but movie plays monoscope.
I tried back until 523c but everytime monoscope. Sometimes when I open popup
and switch from SBS to OU then video activates SBS again but not reproducible.

Another point, very often movies freeze after some seconds of pause it.
Is this a know thing?

Thanks
I use Build *0604 and can play with it none 3D Blu-ray ISOs.
The films are played only in 2D.

Can Isengard still play no MVC in 3D? Or which setting I must bet that it functions.

Greeting
Azimono
hey all i cant get 3d to auto switch, on my lg tv 3d just works, however on my samsung i have to start a movie set playback as sbs stop movie then start movie then bring up context menu go to 3d mode and set it as same as movie and i have to do this for each movie. Do i really have to jump through all these hoops each time i want to watch 3d or am i missing something? Btw all files ard 3dmvc.
(2015-06-06, 14:28)Azimono Wrote: I use Build *0604 and can play with it none 3D Blu-ray ISOs.

Can Isengard still play no MVC in 3D? Or which setting I must bet that it functions.

Greeting
Azimono

MVC ISO's do not work yet, MVC MKV does work.
I don't know if this is important, or even helpful. I upgraded to 0605 from 0512 and it blew up the first time it started. It seems to be running after the crash. Here is a crash log:
http://sprunge.us/cVDj

I switched from WMC as the backend to MythTV a few weeks ago. Most things seem ok, but when I watch 720P live TV (and I think with recordings as well), it gets out of sync real quick and keeps getting worse as time goes by. Any ideas, or should I post to the MythTV addon thread? I'm using an HDHomerun as the tuner source. All my MeTV SD stuff looks and plays real good, so does 1080i TV. Just the 720P stuff is messing up. Thanks for all your work.
Experience: It's what you get when you were expecting something else.
(2015-06-06, 17:05)afremont Wrote: I don't know if this is important, or even helpful. I upgraded to 0605 from 0512 and it blew up the first time it started. It seems to be running after the crash. Here is a crash log:
http://sprunge.us/cVDj

Can you try #0601 and #0602, see which one "blows up" - I'd expect #0601 not to, while #0602 might.

#0602 includes a fix for "PVR::CPVRClient::GetDriveSpace" which seems to be the problem for you - the PR is PR7216, and you may want to report it there if it's an ongoing issue.

(2015-06-06, 17:05)afremont Wrote: I switched from WMC as the backend to MythTV a few weeks ago. Most things seem ok, but when I watch 720P live TV (and I think with recordings as well), it gets out of sync real quick and keeps getting worse as time goes by. Any ideas, or should I post to the MythTV addon thread? I'm using an HDHomerun as the tuner source. All my MeTV SD stuff looks and plays real good, so does 1080i TV. Just the 720P stuff is messing up. Thanks for all your work.

Does enabling "Prefer PTS timestamps" in Video -> Acceleration make any difference?
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
It only blew up the first time it started after the upgrade. So far it seems okay. Is it safe to put an older version on top of a newer version? I read through the github thread and it seems like this problem will only be randomly occurring. It occurred on my Pi2 when it was retrieving guide information. After the restart it was okay. We've only been watching live TV for now, so maybe it will only occur when messing with recordings. If it continues to blow up randomly (depending upon how much it occurs) I may wait for fix to be merged into your stuff.

If you want me to, I could possibly set up another Pi2 with 601 on it and see what happens. Since you don't include the createsdcard script thingy, how do I do that?

I turned on the Prefer PTS timestamps thingy. We'll have to see if that fixes the sync problems.

I got sidetracked when I decided to turn on the Mythbuntu MythTV updates and it broke dpkg on the Myth box. It seems to have gotten past that point now, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I see that there is a newer MythTV plugin version 2.2.1. The one included in the repository seems to be 2.1.1. I think that I have to build it manually to install the newer version. I'm going to wait on that a bit as I have some "life getting in the way" things to take care of around here today.
(2015-06-06, 19:24)afremont Wrote: Is it safe to put an older version on top of a newer version?

Should be safe, within reason.

(2015-06-06, 19:24)afremont Wrote: If it continues to blow up randomly (depending upon how much it occurs) I may wait for fix to be merged into your stuff.

What fix is there to be merged? The fix is already in the builds, and has been merged into XBMC - if the problem continues, this is a core issue which should be mentioned in the PR.

(2015-06-06, 19:24)afremont Wrote: If you want me to, I could possibly set up another Pi2 with 601 on it and see what happens. Since you don't include the createsdcard script thingy, how do I do that?

You could clone your existing system using SD, or just use an official disk image and upgrade that. If it's a random problem then it's more difficult to confirm, but if it always happens after an update then testing with #0601 and #0602 may reveal different behaviour which might be useful to know, although realistically I think it's likely the problem addressed by PR7216 still isn't fixed and will continue to happen going forward so I'm not sure it's worth the effort of cloning etc.
New OpenELEC Isengard build #0606: RPi / RPi2
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 4.0.4 #1 Sat Jun 6 21:11:01 BST 2015 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
May 31 2015 14:24:30
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version b127f62bd972cebb74a816b01b90ecfacc226baa (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
OpenELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20150606211011-#0606-gfaf29e7 [Build #0606]

# vcdbg log msg 2>&1 | grep DTOK
001566.623: Kernel trailer DTOK property says yes

# Kernel device tree status: Enabled

Based on tip of OpenELEC master (faf29e7c, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (97176e5d, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. ffmpeg warp point fix
  2. Ignore pts value when m_hints.ptsinvalid set
  3. Build libcec python wrapper
  4. Add missing JSON filter PrepareSQL() argument
Build Details:
  1. XBMC:
    • FIX: [droid] re-establish immersive mode if it was reset (PR:7224, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [pvr] return empty info label for season and episode less than 1 (PR:7234, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • get rid of g_localizeStrings in Dialogs (PR:7232, 1 commit, 12 files changed)
  2. newclock4:
    • New commits in this build:
      • ffmpeg: Automatic switch to software decode for GMC with more than one warp point (4dcd6489)
      • [rbp] Ignore pts value when m_hints.ptsinvalid set (85b63290)
  3. Additional commits/pull requests/changes not yet merged upstream:
    • Added: PR:4186: libcec: build python wrapper
    • Added: PR:7237: [videodb] Add missing argument on JSON filter PrepareSQL()
(2015-06-06, 16:53)robnix Wrote:
(2015-06-06, 14:28)Azimono Wrote: I use Build *0604 and can play with it none 3D Blu-ray ISOs.

Greeting
Azimono

MVC ISO's do not work yet, MVC MKV does work.

Is it also possible in the future Blu-ray ISOs MVC in 3D to be able to play? Or will it be limited to MKV?
Yes, the plan is to add 3D MVC ISO support as well - no estimate for when it will be ready, though hopefully "soon", please be patient.
Ok, I'm sorry about the misunderstanding on it being merged. The posts in the github thread do seem to indicate that what they've done so far still has some holes in it. Not knowing much about the internals of the system, most of what they write is Greek to me, even though I've done a fair amount of programming in the past. I'm not a C++ person though, I'm more of an embedded C and assembly language kinda guy.

So far there hasn't been any more crashes here.
This sounds well.Smile

Then I will wait hold... What also, otherwise .Smile

Another question,
I do not get the right time opposed.
Time server time.fu-berlin.de
Time is too late two hours.
Really time is 10 o'clock. 8 o'clock is indicated.
(2015-06-07, 15:17)afremont Wrote: Ok, I'm sorry about the misunderstanding on it being merged. The posts in the github thread do seem to indicate that what they've done so far still has some holes in it. Not knowing much about the internals of the system, most of what they write is Greek to me, even though I've done a fair amount of programming in the past. I'm not a C++ person though, I'm more of an embedded C and assembly language kinda guy.

So far there hasn't been any more crashes here.

There's another attempt at fixing this, PR7239, which will be in tonight's build. It's a shame it's so random as this will be worth testing.
  • 69(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 15.0) Part 214