Some Questions...
Ok, Hi I'm Tiptup300, and I'm addicted to XBMC,

just jokin, but anyways...

I've been thinking of learning Python to make some XBMC apps, so just wanted to know some things, what program to u people reccommend for coding in python, I was just gonna use Dreamweaver since I like the interface, it may not officially support it but what the heck! What do u people use?

Also, I liked the idea for Wii where you can look at forums and all that so I was thinking of my first project being a forum viewer using the RSS. I'd just try basic and get it working with this forum first, then who knows! Has anyone already done this? And if they havent do u like the idea?
Editor: Scite or Notepad++

Godd luck
Thx for replying! I thought i was gonna have to bump it!

Ok, I've used Notepad b4, many many years ago, for like 2 seconds. Might look into both.

Is anyone interested in the script idea?
Yeah good choise. Python is a realy easy language to start with.
Notepad++ is great as Nuka said.
Start with?

I know C#, Java, PHP, HTML, CSS, Javascript. Its not my first and certainly isnt gonna be my last. Tongue
No edit buttoN?

Well, I cant really make the forum script since I found out that neither IPB nor vBull has RSS feeds for each topic. Sad , well gonna find a kool script to make.
if your still interested in what other ppl are using ?
I use 'Pythonwin - Python IDE and GUI Framework for Windows' made by ActiveState Corp (pywin32 build 207 based on python 2.3) - its free.
Has a fully integrated dev. enviro. with syntax completion and checking.
Retired from Add-on dev
You can use "idle" it is written in python and is available with python distro.
I use PSPad, which can use script to tests code and run python scripts.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Some Questions...0