Asus Chromebox + Arch Linux + Kodi + MKV = choppy playback?
The large majority of MKV's (I want to say all, but I'm not sure) I try to play on my Chromebox play choppy. Not hugely, just a very slight judder in the playback. Doesn't matter if it's a 1gb 720p file or 12gb 1080p, result is the same. Everything else plays perfectly fine.

Out of curiosity, I streamed the same file I'm watching right now, to Kodi on my Macbook and it plays perfectly, at a steady 60fps.

Any ideas?

Thank you
No Debug Log no issue.

As that sounds, you are missing libva-driver-intel in a working version and most likely use a bleedning edge xserver-xorg-video-intel that can produce those issues.

File your issue with the arch people, please. We cannot track bleeding edge distributions.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
please post debug log
(2015-04-11, 09:00)fritsch Wrote: No Debug Log no issue.

As that sounds, you are missing libva-driver-intel in a working version and most likely use a bleedning edge xserver-xorg-video-intel that can produce those issues.

File your issue with the arch people, please. We cannot track bleeding edge distributions.

fritsch, looks like you were right! I was missing libva-driver-intel. Installed it and all is playing well now. Thank you for the help!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Asus Chromebox + Arch Linux + Kodi + MKV = choppy playback?0