Recommendations for commercial XMBC/Kodi box
Hello,

I am a total n00b here, and I've been looking at boxes that are offered for sale with names like digiStream, DigiXstream, Dragon Box, etc.
Bring new to Kodi, I don't want to start out building a system myself.
Can anyone recommend a commercially available box?

TIA,

Doug
None of the boxes you've mentioned. If you buy one then expect things to (most likely) break.

What's your budget?
Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products
Budget?
I'm not doing well in that department, but I do still have some cash on hand that I want to invest in this type of system. At the moment, AT&T Uverse is charging me almost $200/month.
I think I can justify what may be necessary to get going here since I'll be able to cut loose from them.
I have an old HD TV with only component inputs. I've just tried a Roku box through a converter (HDMI to component video and stereo audio).
I don't have a media "library" that I'd want to access. I have no exposure to XBMC/Kodi at all, so I don't know what I'll be able to access or whether a DVR would be helpful.
I'm hoping for some guidance, because this is a new area for me.
all new members interested in hardware are advised to read the first post of this thread first
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=94268

after that list users should come forward with questions

budget, location, any special requirments (hd audio etc)
then it'll be easier to deal with any further quesries
(2015-04-12, 13:33)MediaPi Wrote: all new members interested in hardware must read the first post of this thread first
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=94268

after that list users should come forward with questions

budget, location, any special requirments (hd audio etc)
then it'll be easier to deal with any further quesries

I wouldn't say they have to read it, it's certainly advised and is helpful, but not a rule... unless it's been made a rule I'm not aware of.
Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products
(2015-04-12, 12:35)grossdm Wrote: Budget?
I'm not doing well in that department, but I do still have some cash on hand that I want to invest in this type of system. At the moment, AT&T Uverse is charging me almost $200/month.
I think I can justify what may be necessary to get going here since I'll be able to cut loose from them.
I have an old HD TV with only component inputs. I've just tried a Roku box through a converter (HDMI to component video and stereo audio).
I don't have a media "library" that I'd want to access. I have no exposure to XBMC/Kodi at all, so I don't know what I'll be able to access or whether a DVR would be helpful.

If you don't have a 'library' to consume, what do you see Kodi offering you, because, and I've a feeling we're about to move into dodgy territory, Kodi doesn't provide any content.
Corrected, thanks Piers
reason I say must is because "its a must read kind of post" for any that are interested in hardware, as you know you get atleast one post a day where you point to that thread

infact the thread should be called
Must read before deciding on hardware 2015 feb
(2015-04-12, 16:24)steelman1991 Wrote:
(2015-04-12, 12:35)grossdm Wrote: Budget?

If you don't have a 'library' to consume, what do you see Kodi offering you, because, and I've a feeling we're about to move into dodgy territory, Kodi doesn't provide any content.

Well, I wasn't sure what Kodi could offer. Thank you for the admonition about dodgy territory.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Recommendations for commercial XMBC/Kodi box0