v14 EPG View Broken
I have run across an annoying glitch with the default skin in Kodi. I was viewing the guide under TV (TV > EPG) and I cycled through the views e.g. Timeline, Channel etc and I selected Channel as the view - nothing happened, the page was blank but I was then unable to go back and change the view again clicking left or up did nothing and it is stuck on Channel view which contains no data. Exiting the page and returning did nothing, waiting did nothing, nor did restarting now I cannot access the full EPG at all, all I get is the blank page. I can still access the other TV sub sections (Timer, Recordings, Search, Channels) and they work fine and the views for each can still be changed. However the view under EPG cannot be changed.

Under the Kodi log this is what appears when trying to view the EPG:

Code:
13:00:26 T:1969553408   ERROR: Control 13 in window 10617 has been asked to focus, but it can't
13:02:26 T:1507849280   ERROR: Previous line repeats 4 times.

If I switch to another skin, the Timeline view and options to switch views do come back on some skins, but not on others, but of course when I switch back to Confluence I lose the guide view again.

I have tried deleting guisettings.xml, but that didn't work, it just lost me my settings. Is there anyway to force the EPG view to go back to Timeline or reset to default? I can't believe that it is possible to select a view that leaves you permanently unable to view the EPG.
What time is your RPi showing? If the clock isn't correct, then the EPG cannot show.

I have seen this a couple of times. Make sure you correctly set up a network time server.
(2015-04-11, 15:49)mcelliott Wrote: What time is your RPi showing? If the clock isn't correct, then the EPG cannot show.

I have seen this a couple of times. Make sure you correctly set up a network time server.

Thanks for replying, the time is correct and a network time server has been set up, the guide was and has been displaying fine for months, but when I changed the view it seems that confluence or Kodi do not support that view and it displays nothing (I think it was Channel view rather than Timeline) and for some reason I cannot change the view back so I now have a blank page where the EPG used to be.
Kodi > System > Settings > Live TV > EPG > Reset the EPG database

(2015-04-11, 18:02)wrxtasy Wrote: Kodi > System > Settings > Live TV > EPG > Reset the EPG database

Thanks I tried that, it didn't work. The EPG is fine, it is just the view that is the problem. I have found it really hard to explain as I couldn't look to see what those options were called. I have now taken a few screenshots to better demonstrate.

When I go into TV/Live TV I get the choice of Search, Timers, Recordings, EPG and Channels.

This is what the guide looks like normally. If you click on the Back button on the remote here you get the menu:

From here you can choose to view the Timers, Recordings etc. Below that you get View Options to choose the views. If you click on View you get the options of Timeline, Now, Next and Channel.

On Channel I get nothing appear, as seen below.

Worse than that, If I leave the View Options or go back to the home and try and go back into TV/LIve TV > EPG I just get the blank screen below and I am unable to select anything. Keypresses are registered, I can hear them, but it is like the screen is focused elsewhere and nothing happens, more importantly clicking Left on the remote to bring up the Options, doesn't work. Pressing Back on the remote goes back to the home screen, so there is no way to return the view back to Timeline.

So if you select Channel in the view in EPG and then return to the homescreen, you cannot change the view back. Fortunately I have resolved this problem. I plugged a mouse into the Raspberry Pi and when I moved it to the left of the screen the Options appeared and I changed the view that way, although it was clear that something was still trying to steal focus.

So I have learned that you should never put the EPG view onto Channel and then return to the home screen and certainly never on a skin that doesn't support mouse/touchpad otherwise you're stuck with it.
I also get this error.

Have you reported this as a bug in Kodi yet?
(2015-09-07, 01:29)map7 Wrote: I also get this error.

Have you reported this as a bug in Kodi yet?

What build are you getting this error in? The OP reported this problem against Kodi 14 which isn't seeing development any more, so it's important to know if you still have this problem in Kodi 15.x. Also, is this a Pi specific issue or is it reproducible on x86 hardware? I'd expect so, in which case this thread could be moved to a more appropriate section that may make it more visible to those that could fix this.

If there's nothing on http://trac.kodi.tv - I couldn't find anything relevant - then consider opening a ticket.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
EPG View Broken0