Recognizing arbitrary videos added to TV show
I've decided to add trailers to some TV shows. As a test for a couple shows, I created a "Season 0" folder, added the trailer as S00E00. For example:

V:\TV6\Fortitude\Season 0\Fortitude.S01E00.Trailer.mp4

When I set Ember to rescan, that video is ignored, is not added to the database, and doesn't show up in Ember.

I'm very curious as to why this is happening, but more interested in somehow adding Trailers to TV shows. Any ideas or suggestions?
hi Scottes,

http://thetvdb.com/?tab=season&seriesid=...6304&lid=7
The trailer is not listed as a special episode, so it will not scrape and therefore won't show in Ember.

side note:
For specials, you should use S00E01, S00E02, S00E03 etc... you have used Fortitude.S01E00.Trailer.mp4
A correctly named special would be:
V:\TV6\Fortitude\Season 0\Fortitude.S00E01.Fortitude.Behind.The.Scenes.mp4

I've never added trailers for shows, so can't help out there, sorry Sad
4x R-Pi4b LibreELEC v10 | Aeon Nox: SiLVO | Flirc cases
Storage Synology DS411 | 4 x WD RED 6TB
Software MariaDB 10.4.19 | Filebot | Ember Media Manager
wiki (wiki) | First time user (wiki) | Debug_Log (wiki) | mysql (wiki) | artwork (wiki)
(2015-04-11, 22:52)zerocool_ie Wrote: http://thetvdb.com/?tab=season&seriesid=...6304&lid=7
The trailer is not listed as a special episode, so it will not scrape and therefore won't show in Ember.
This, and my experiences yesterday, lead me to believe that Ember confirms that a video must exist on TheTVDB or else Ember won't recognize it. Is this correct?

And I just tried S00E01, as you pointed out that it should be (don't know why I picked 00). But Ember still doesn't recognize it.

Oh well. It's not that hard of a problem to work around. I just copied S01E01's NFO and edited it a little, and Kodi pulls it up just fine.

Thanks for the reply.
(2015-04-12, 12:37)Scottes Wrote:
(2015-04-11, 22:52)zerocool_ie Wrote: http://thetvdb.com/?tab=season&seriesid=...6304&lid=7
This, and my experiences yesterday, lead me to believe that Ember confirms that a video must exist on TheTVDB or else Ember won't recognize it. Is this correct?

And I just tried S00E01, as you pointed out that it should be (don't know why I picked 00). But Ember still doesn't recognize it.

Oh well. It's not that hard of a problem to work around. I just copied S01E01's NFO and edited it a little, and Kodi pulls it up just fine.

Thanks for the reply.

It is not necessary that the episode exist on TVDB.
Do you have checked the log file if the file was recognized while DB scanning?
I just checked the log, then rescanned (Update Library... TV Shows... Update V Only) the drive these trailers movies are on, and the only new entry I see in the log - .../Log/2015-04-12.csv - is:
No generic modules defined <AfterUpdateDB_TV>

What does it take for Ember to recognize the video file? VLC plays it fine, MediaInfo reports it as expected, and Kodi plays it fine.
"Bug" found:
All files with "*trailer*" or "*sample*" in filename will be ignored :-) This is to prevent Ember to recognize all the trailer or sample files as own movie/episode.
Ah, that makes a lot of sense actually. Renaming to "xxx.S00E01.Preview.mp4" worked perfectly - Ember recognized it and added it to the database.

Thanks.

That's a tough "bug" to handle. I can't think of a good solution, but perhaps adding a Log entry would be more proper than silently ignoring it?
(2015-04-12, 17:26)Scottes Wrote: Ah, that makes a lot of sense actually. Renaming to "xxx.S00E01.Preview.mp4" worked perfectly - Ember recognized it and added it to the database.

Thanks.

That's a tough "bug" to handle. I can't think of a good solution, but perhaps adding a Log entry would be more proper than silently ignoring it?

No, it's not a bug. But you are right, i will add an entry to log if a file will be ignored.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Recognizing arbitrary videos added to TV show0