Win Audio Dropouts in menu & playback
I'm having a very annoying issue with audio dropouts etc. I first noticed it in movies where the sound would dropout for 1-2 seconds while the video continued. This seemed to be a common issue other people had over HDMI so I tried to follow advice from other threads. I tried so many different audio settings and nothing seemed to help. Every file plays perfectly in VLC with no sound issues. I was going to set that as an external player but while I was in Kodi I noticed the sound dropped out while in the menu also. So now I don't know what is going on, because it's not just movies its also happens to GUI sounds which I assume changing the player wont provide any help. Sad

Debug log

This is the log of a dropout in the first few seconds of the movie. It is easy to produce than the same dropout in the menu, but I could get a log for that as well if needed.

Any help would be very much appreciated.
Settings -> System -> Audio Output -> Keep Audio Device Alive -> Always.
Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products
Thanks for the reply Piers.

Changed settings but the problem remains. Watching the debug info on screen there appears to be a large CPU spike at the same time audio drops.
(2015-04-12, 12:01)Shux Wrote: Thanks for the reply Piers.

Changed settings but the problem remains. Watching the debug info on screen there appears to be a large CPU spike at the same time audio drops.

Have you tired not using WASAPI?

Make sure applications are allowed to take exclusive control of the device, or whatever the setting is in Windows (it's in Sound Options)

1) Select default audio options
2) Test
3) Change channels
4) Test
5) Adjust advanced settings
6) Test
7) If test is a success then good, if not then post another debug log please Smile
Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products
Sorry for the delay but I only had time for a few tests a day.

I test all different audio options, tried all channels from 2.0 - 7.1 and enable/disable passthrough etc. cutouts still occur.

I updated to kodi 14.2 as well. still same problem.

If I change VLC to my external player my sound should use VLC settings right? or will it default to kodi settings? Should I try it?

Here is some fresh logs after the update and tests.

Kodi Debug log 2

Thanks,

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Audio Dropouts in menu & playback0