v15 how to update from Helix 14.1
Hi
is there an easy way to upgrade to 14.2 or even to the version 15? or do I have to install everything again?
Download one of the test builds (if you want the latest) from

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=224025

If you have SMB sharing enabled on your Pi, there will be a share called 'Update' when you browse to the Pi in Windows. Put the file you downloaded in there.

Reboot the Pi. The update will be automatic.
Please state if this "Update" share is present on all Pi running XBMC/KODI or just if they are running on a specific Pi OS distribution and/or a specific XBMC/KODI version.
On my RaspBMC there is no such share...
Bo Berglund
Sweden
(2015-04-12, 16:18)Bosse_B Wrote: Please state if this "Update" share is present on all Pi running XBMC/KODI or just if they are running on a specific Pi OS distribution and/or a specific XBMC/KODI version.

It's present on mine with OpenELEC, and since that is what the test builds are provided for, that is what I would try.

I was only trying to help, since no-one else offered any suggestions.
(2015-04-12, 16:18)Bosse_B Wrote: Please state if this "Update" share is present on all Pi running XBMC/KODI or just if they are running on a specific Pi OS distribution and/or a specific XBMC/KODI version.

Don't be silly, why would anyone want to be specific about which OS/distribution they're referring to in a post, when @amandus99 hasn't bothered mentioning which OS he's actually using? Smile
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2015-04-12, 17:10)mcelliott Wrote: I was only trying to help, since no-one else offered any suggestions.

People are simply less inclined to offer help when the OP fails to mention absolutely basic and vital information such as which OS they're using. I know I tend to ignore such posts.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
I'm using openELEC thanks for the help
(2015-04-12, 17:13)Milhouse Wrote:
(2015-04-12, 17:10)mcelliott Wrote: I was only trying to help, since no-one else offered any suggestions.

People are simply less inclined to offer help when the OP fails to mention absolutely basic and vital information such as which OS they're using. I know I tend to ignore such posts.

Yeah, but maybe he didn't know that there was more than one option. Sorry, I am not criticising you in any way. I just felt that I was being criticised for offering help.
The way shares are created seems to vary between distributions. Some are specifically geared towards XBMC/KODI (RaspBMC/OSMC and OpenElec) and have some special tweaks concerning functionality for XBMC/KODI whereas the general purpose RaspBian needs some extras to get the share in place. For example you need to install SAMBA to get that going...
The reason I asked is I have a RaspBMC with XBMC 13.2 running on a Pi1B_Rev1 (256 MB RAM), which is rather slow so I was looking for ways to go forward and therefore I wanted to know which distro to use.
Seems like for KODI one would go for OE then. But I have never used OE yet on any of my Pi's.....
Thanks for the enlightenment! Smile

Posts were crossing....
I did NOT want to criticise! I only wanted to know if there was some condition to get the autoupdate working...
I am grateful for your reply.
Bo Berglund
Sweden
(2015-04-12, 19:01)mcelliott Wrote: I just felt that I was being criticised for offering help.

No, not at all - I actually thought your reply was entirely appropriate. Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
how to update from Helix 14.10