Buy chromebox now or wait for next gen kodi player?
Should I buy myself a Chromeboxes now or is there any reason to wait for something better ?
I currently have a Cubox i4pro but i want something better more solid.
Sorry if my English is not quite right, it 's not my native language
Got latest OSMC running on Vero 4K+
I once recommended someone to wait because the new pivos is around the corner, I think it was 6 months wait. Yes skylake once it comes out should be the next step but really no one knows when that will be out and when you have new hardware it takes some time to iron out the bugs.

Right now Chromebox for 99% of people is beyond what most people need. Buy the Chromebox now and enjoy it, it keeps it value well, check eBay. But if your willing to wait a bit for sales, then the Chromebox will be even better.

You won't need anything better for 3 years to be honest, I'm talking about hevc and 4k and when it does, sell the Chromebox and upgrade. That's my two cents
Tnx man.
Sorry if my English is not quite right, it 's not my native language
Got latest OSMC running on Vero 4K+
No one is stoked on that nvidia shield?
For the Chromebox there is even a risk that future models will probably be the same price but less powerful, simply because lower powered CPUs from Intel will be cheaper, require no fan, and will still be enough for Chrome OS or even Kodi. Even if that's wrong and new Chromeboxes are more powerful and one came out tomorrow at the same price, I would still say that the current Chromebox family is a great deal.
(2015-04-13, 01:34)Ned Scott Wrote: For the Chromebox there is even a risk that future models will probably be the same price but less powerful, simply because lower powered CPUs from Intel will be cheaper, require no fan, and will still be enough for Chrome OS or even Kodi. Even if that's wrong and new Chromeboxes are more powerful and one came out tomorrow at the same price, I would still say that the current Chromebox family is a great deal.

Yep - I was thinking that recently, as the newer Chromebooks are now Baytrail not Haswell based (and the first and second gen Chromeboxes and Chromebooks shared similar CPUs - ignoring the ARM stuff)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Buy chromebox now or wait for next gen kodi player?0