Lefthand sidebar not accessible
After upgrading from XBMC to Kodi 14,2-RC1 I have noticed that the lefthand sidebar is no longer accessible by pressing the left arrow button on my KB. I can work around the issue by going into settings and DISABLING "Enable mouse and touchscreen support" (Settings -->SYSTEM-- -->Input devices). It does not appear to be skin specific as I have tested with Confluence and Aeon Nox(5.6.0). Needless to say this is somewhat frustrating as this was working in XBMC (Frodo) . Is there a configuration setting that I am missing?
(2015-04-12, 20:37)isabelsdad Wrote: After upgrading from XBMC to Kodi 14,2-RC1 I have noticed that the lefthand sidebar is no longer accessible by pressing the left arrow button on my KB. I can work around the issue by going into settings and DISABLING "Enable mouse and touchscreen support" (Settings -->SYSTEM-- -->Input devices). It does not appear to be skin specific as I have tested with Confluence and Aeon Nox(5.6.0). Needless to say this is somewhat frustrating as this was working in XBMC (Frodo) . Is there a configuration setting that I am missing?

You may have enabled kiosk mode, which will make the side blade inaccessible.
No, I confirmed that Kiosk mode is not enabled.
You might want to update to 14.2 Stable. The RC1 is pretty outdated now.
I updated to Kodi 14.2 Helix (March 26, 2015) but seeing the same issue (lefthand sidebar is no longer accessible by pressing the left arrow button on my KB)
It sounds like you are somehow locked into kiosk mode. The side blade is an <onleft> condition in most xml files that support it. This would be handled individually by each skin's creator. If you push left, the side blade appears. Unless, the skin setting "kioskmodeenabled" or something similar is encountered. That <onleft> can't be broken in every single xml. Something else is at fault.

Try posting a debug log. An error will most likely appear somewhere in the log related to this issue.

Instructions on finding a debug log are at the bottom of this post: 1966608 (post).
As requested I have enabled debugging, exited Kodi and restarted and have attempted to use the left arrow, then exited Kodi. I have the kodi.log but it is too large to insert into the post and I do not see a way to attach a file (only and image or hyperlink). Note that a search of "kiosk" in the kodi.log produced no hits.
(2015-04-14, 20:21)isabelsdad Wrote: As requested I have enabled debugging, exited Kodi and restarted and have attempted to use the left arrow, then exited Kodi. I have the kodi.log but it is too large to insert into the post and I do not see a way to attach a file (only and image or hyperlink). Note that a search of "kiosk" in the kodi.log produced no hits.

I post my logs to Pastebin all the time. It is not too large. Just open the log, copy and paste the information to Pastebin and provide a link. It's done dozens of times each day on this forum.
Did a search pf "left" in the kodi.log and got these 5 hits:

Line 1366: 12:47:29 T:4916 DEBUG: CApplication::OnKey: left (0xf082) pressed, action is Left
Line 1366: 12:47:29 T:4916 DEBUG: CApplication::OnKey: left (0xf082) pressed, action is Left
Line 1424: 12:47:44 T:4916 DEBUG: CApplication:TonguerocessMouse: trying mouse action leftclick
Line 1463: 12:47:46 T:4152 WARNING: CPythonInvoker(2, C:\Users\xbmc\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\service.library.data.provider\service.py): the python script "C:\Users\xbmc\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\service.library.data.provider\service.py" has left several classes in memory that we couldn't clean up. The classes include: class PythonBindings::XBMCAddon_xbmc_Player_Director,class PythonBindings::XBMCAddon_xbmc_Monitor_Director,class XBMCAddon::xbmcgui::Window
Line 1485: 12:47:53 T:2740 WARNING: CPythonInvoker(6, C:\Users\xbmc\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\service.skin.widgets\default.py): the python script "C:\Users\xbmc\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\service.skin.widgets\default.py" has left several classes in memory that we couldn't clean up. The classes include: class XBMCAddon::xbmcgui::Window,class PythonBindings::XBMCAddon_xbmc_Player_Director,class PythonBindings::XBMCAddon_xbmc_Monitor_Director
Pastebin ? What/Where is that?
Log file copied.

http://pastebin.com/TjFjeyqf
(2015-04-14, 22:18)isabelsdad Wrote: Log file copied.

http://pastebin.com/TjFjeyqf

I can't see a single error, so I don't know what is going on.

I would suggest trying another skin. After that, I would move guisettings.xml out of the userdata folder and see if that fixes anything. You may have to remove various parts of Kodi and reinstall them to determine what is broken. guisettings is where I would start.
Thanks for checking, as I mentioned earlier I had tried with Confluence with the same result. I moved guisettings.xml temporarily and started Kodi but same symptom. I may attempt to start from scratch - do you know what the correct procedure is to completely remove Kodi (Windows 7) so that I can re-install?
(2015-04-17, 22:14)isabelsdad Wrote: Thanks for checking, as I mentioned earlier I had tried with Confluence with the same result. I moved guisettings.xml temporarily and started Kodi but same symptom. I may attempt to start from scratch - do you know what the correct procedure is to completely remove Kodi (Windows 7) so that I can re-install?

I don't know how to completely clean house. The control panel would be the place to start. The problem might be in your userdata folder. I don't think that folder is deleted. You might want to move the userdata folder and begin adding various parts back, one at a time.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Lefthand sidebar not accessible0