DTS-5.1 FLAC with cuesheet does not work [SOLVED]
I was trying to get my DTS-5.1 CD ripped to a single FLAC file + Cuesheet to work in Kodi 14.4 running on ubuntu 14.04 and no matter what combination of settings I chose I would get noise.

Then I had a thought. I created a new directory and copied the FLAC file to it without the cue sheet. It plays in 5.1 without a problem using Kodi. So it appears that you cannot play FLAC-5.1 when using a cuesheet.

I am new to Kodi (my first day actually). Is this a known issue and is this the proper place to post about it?

Thank,

Ron
Post a Debug Log, please.

Does the cuesheet alter between 5.1 and 2.0? Do you have Audio Settings set to "Optimized" or do you use "Best Match"?
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2015-04-13, 08:17)fritsch Wrote: Post a Debug Log, please.

Done

Quote:Does the cuesheet alter between 5.1 and 2.0? Do you have Audio Settings set to "Optimized" or do you use "Best Match"?

No. 5.1 only. The source is a 5.1 CD. I will try expanding the flac to a wav and see if that works.

Ron
And where did you post the Debug Log?

You have to paste it on a pastebin site and then provide the link to it here Wink
(2015-04-13, 09:34)David1977 Wrote: And where did you post the Debug Log?

You have to paste it on a pastebin site and then provide the link to it here Wink

Sorry - I uploaded via the app (http://xbmclogs.com/pirpm0l5q).

Anyhow after reading through the log I found the problem. The file name did not match the file name in the Cue Sheet (doh!!)

Thanks.

Ron
Cool. Please edit your first post and add [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Out of interest: You use pulseaudio, does the AC3 transcode work correctly? As from your Debug Log I don't see the device opening with AC3 / DTS at all.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DTS-5.1 FLAC with cuesheet does not work [SOLVED]0