Poster art
For Movies and TV I use the gallery view. When a new movie gets added "image not available" is displayed instead of the banner.jpg image. I end up having to do
Info --> Choose Art --> poster. There the correct image is displayed right away as current. I thought at first this was because the image wasn't called poster.jpg but that turned out not to be the case.

Metropolis 3.0.3
Artwork Downloader 12.0.29

Paksen
Well, banners and posters are two different things, but either way.. have you configured Artwork Downloader addon the way you want and have you run it?

After configuring it (for instance, you have to tell it if you want it to use local artwork files), you can run it in Metropolis by going to Settings, hitting the right arrow and selecting Metropolis. From there, go to Scripts/Extras and choose Extra Artwork Downloader.
(2015-04-13, 16:08)jingai Wrote: Well, banners and posters are two different things, but either way.. have you configured Artwork Downloader addon the way you want and have you run it?

After configuring it (for instance, you have to tell it if you want it to use local artwork files), you can run it in Metropolis by going to Settings, hitting the right arrow and selecting Metropolis. From there, go to Scripts/Extras and choose Extra Artwork Downloader.

Argh! Yes I meant poster (not banner).

Do I need to run Artwork Downloader whenever I update my library?

Thanks,

paksen
Shouldn't need to, no, it'll get the artwork for any newly added items. Does on mine, anyway.
I have had Artwork Downloader configured the way I want and have for sometime. That still doesn't explain why When a new movie gets added "image not available" is displayed instead of the poster.jpg image. I thought this was supposed to happen automatically.
As I said, I end up having to do Info --> Choose Art --> poster. There the correct image is displayed right away as current.
I'm not really sure then -- it's working here. Which scraper do you use? Are you supplying a poster.jpg, or letting the scraper get one for you?

Also, what version of Kodi and Metropolis are you using?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Poster art0