Win Start a program when Kodi start
Can I start an external program when Kodi starts? I want to set my AVR Audio Source to Optical(by executing an exe file) when Kodi starts.
Maybe spend a few minutes researching batch or .bat or perhaps .cmd files on Google? I think you can then create a shortcut to the batch file and click it to run both apps. At least I think that still works, haven't done it much since the DOS 6.X days, but I did have a batch file for compiling and linking that still ran on a Win2K install, but that might have only been accessed from a command prompt... Worth a try.
(2015-04-14, 06:05)technisol Wrote: Maybe spend a few minutes researching batch or .bat or perhaps .cmd files on Google? I think you can then create a shortcut to the batch file and click it to run both apps. At least I think that still works, haven't done it much since the DOS 6.X days, but I did have a batch file for compiling and linking that still ran on a Win2K install, but that might have only been accessed from a command prompt... Worth a try.

Yes, it is possible to use batch file however I want to know if Kodi can do that. Or can I launch an external program in Kodi manually?
maybe that kodi launcher
Google "autoexec.py Kodi" it might be what you are looking for
(2015-04-14, 23:09)kevindery Wrote: maybe that kodi launcher

thanks, this works
(2015-04-16, 05:00)enen92 Wrote: Google "autoexec.py Kodi" it might be what you are looking for

thanks. Can I use script to start an external program as soon as I hit "play" to play the movie/music?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Start a program when Kodi start0