Wich remote?
Hi I'm a little confuse about remote!

I've one Zotac ID41, I don't know yet if I'll use it with openelec or kodibuntu, I think that is equal right?

Btw, this pc don't have any internal ir control, so I need to buy an external remote, I can use the yatse app, but my family don't, seems that I'm the only nerd in the house!

I searched many, many remotes, RF and IR, but I can't find (it's my fault I know) a remote that is simple, and maybe works out of the box. And if I need to modify some key, is possible.

My budget is from $0 to $35, depends on the real possibility of the remote

So my question is, what remote do you think that works well on kodi?

Many tnx and have a nice day.

J
Flirc + any remote you like.

any MCE remote receiver + remote MCE_remote_controls (wiki) also can use any of those + flirc
Ok, tnx, I don't have any extra remote at home and I don't think is a good idea use the tv remote, so I don't think that flirc is a good choice.

Now I'll look at the mce remote, tnx.

Do you know if i should look for some kind of compatibility or others? I would like to use the remote to power on and power off the player too.

J
Don´t you have any old device (an old DVD player or BR Player) whose remote has arrows, an "OK" button and maybe a "Back" or "Exit" Button?

With Flirc you can use ANY remote you like. Even the MCE remotes, like uNiversal descripes.

If you plan to buy a MCE remote, I won´t care about few bucks to buy a Flirc dongle. This dongle is supported in Openelec OOTB (used it myself). And I think, if you need to buy anything, Flirc is the BEST choice you will get.

Power on will only work if "Wake on USB" is available for this machine. Don´t know for sure, for the Zotac ID41. Power off should work without problems.
Indeed this scenario is the best, tnx, the flicr is the only good and reasonable solution.
Unfortunately, I can't find flicr on my country, do you have one?

For the power off question, I think that is working, whit yatse, wol works and I can power on and power off the player, and look at this, is the bios of the ID41

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0lJBudq8Ms

Look at 1:19

Jo
They ship flirc worldwide I think. Amazon sell it. They also sell MCE remotes + receiver from China.
See if your device will be able to support a CEC adapter. Hate buying extra remotes. If you can do the CEC
adaptor you can use you TV remote to control xbmc.
Zotac ID41 cannot do cec, but PulseEight have a usb cec adaptor also https://www.pulse-eight.com/p/104/usb-hdmi-cec-adapter
Quote:For the power off question, I think that is working, whit yatse, wol works and I can power on and power off the player, and look at this, is the bios of the ID41

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0lJBudq8Ms

It´s shown, that USB wakeup is only available at S3...that means "Suspend to RAM". In other words, if you shutdown your ID41, the device won´t be woken up. It would work if you set it to suspend/hybernate/standby. But I´m not sure, which state is selected. So you have to play with these settings. You can choose which function you would like to use if you turn off your HTPC via the GUI at "system settings"->"systems"->"power saving"->"shutdown function"

In all cases, if you completely shutdown (a complete power off) the ID41, you can´t turn it on with the flirc dongle.

The reason, there is no "WOL" option in the BIOS is, that the NIC is set to do WOL by default.
So basically it the same that the other player that I've, EB1501. The very first time I need to power on the player with the physical button and then I can power off and power on the player with the remote, but if the power cord is detached or there is any black out, the player don't power on anymore, I need to start it with the button!

Actually my other player, the EB1501 whit their remote and openelec 5 works OOTB, power on and power off, but always S3!

Tnx

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Wich remote?0