v14 Audio Play back is choppy. Dont know why.
I just upgraded my system to Kodi 14.04 on the kodibuntu os. Video play back even in 1080p plays perfectly fine with no issues audio and everything. For some reason, when playing music the songs will cut out. Ive noticed the louder or bassier a song gets the worse the song cuts out. If its a song thats pretty flat it will play no problem. All the files are somewhere between 128kbps and 320kbps and for the most part all mp3 with a handful of mpeg-4. Im thinking I may not have a proper plugin installed. Im playing all this music from the default player on the Titan skin. Thanks ahead of time!!!

Edit: I was searching around and found that (at no surprise) kodi itself and the lubuntu os it runs on top of both natively support mp3 files. This just adds to my confusion. It confirms that no transcoding is going on and I really dont think its my network because Ive been streaming movies 1080p with no problems..
Debug Log
I'm so sorry I didn't even realize a log file existed I really should have read the stickies. Again very very sorry.

Log file is here: http://xbmclogs.com/puyc5jqnk

I first played a movie in 1080p and observed a low cpu usage around 15-22%.
When I went to play a song that usage shot up to 40-60% even hit 75% at some point.
just to be sure I went back to the movie and observed the cpu drop back to 20-25%ish .
then back to music and observed another big spike.

Edit: reading through the log I notice the thread on line 104-105:
06:38:07 T:140032158758656 INFO: CAESinkALSA::InitializeHW - Your hardware does not support AE_FMT_FLOAT, trying other formats

06:38:07 T:140032158758656 INFO: CAESinkALSA::InitializeHW - Using data format AE_FMT_S16NE

This makes me believe that my device is transcoding on site leading to the high cpu usage. Anyway to update lubuntu or my device in general to support AE_FMT_FLOAT?

Although this is just speculation because a bunch of stuff seems off in the log...
1. Upgrade to the latest stable release. You are still on 14.0. 14.2 is stable now. Maybe this fixes your issue.
2. remove all those Banned_add-ons (wiki), then try again and paste a new Debug Log
3. try plaing a file which is local on your HTPC and see if this works better
Alright so here is a twist that will rattle your brain. Turns out kodi is running fine all along. I have wireless speakers on my tv that I was trying to listen through. They seem to play movies fine but they mess up on music. Today testing the stuff the speakers happened to be off and all audio played 100% perfect through the tv music and all. To make sure I hooked it up to my reciever and it played 5.1 audio crisp and clear. Guess my wireless speakers are just shit.
thanks for the help and the reminder to update (I forgot). Peace.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Audio Play back is choppy. Dont know why.0