Replacing File Names with Library Titles
Hello,

I have just upgraded my Raspberry Pi to version 2 and thus installed a new build which came with Kodi. Previously I had Frodo running on my Raspberry Pi 1. The replacing of file names to library meta titles worked great in library view mode as well as files view mode. I prefer to use files view mode as I have a very large archive and if something is missed on scan I will still see it in files view mode, but not in library view mode.

In Kodi I have noticed that the files view mode does not use the meta data title for naming, it just uses the actual file name. The library view mode however uses the meta data name, so the shows are being scanned properly. I have the option replace file names with library titles selected in settings/video/file lists.

Was this support dropped from Frodo? My files are zipped, but Frodo was able to use the meta name no problem from zipped files.

Examples in Kodi:

2.Broke.Girls.S04E16.720p.HDTV.X264-DIMENSION.mkv (Files View Mode) -- it does show fanart and an episode thumb nail, but it won't rename the title or show episode info.
2 Broke Girls\Season 4\16. And the Zero Tolerance (Library View Mode) --everything looks as it should.

In Frodo the files view mode shows 2 Broke Girls\4x16. And the Zero Tolerance - fanart, episode thumb, meta data title, episode info

I really hope I can figure this out, raspberry Pi2 is so much faster!
Again I do not wish to use library mode, it does not suit my archive. I prefer files view mode so please if you could help me it would be greatly appreciated.
"Replace file names with library titles" is checked within the video settings (file lists)?

EDIT: Nvm. Will learn to read Wink
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Ok~ update if I click on the episode 2.Broke.Girls.S04E16.720p.HDTV.X264-DIMENSION.mkv and then go to episode info and then refresh ~~
it renames it to 4x16 And the Zero Tolerance.

Do I really have to do this to every episode, that would be crazy!

Is there a way to auto refresh these after scan so that the meta title populates the files view mode?
Another update ~ after I manually refreshed some titles and then ran a library update ....the manually refreshed titles disappeared again.
Does nobody else use files view mode?
Nobody has experienced this issue?

I was shocked to see no replies!

Does anyone know if I can install Frodo on Raspberry Pi2, and how I might go about doing that?
(2015-04-14, 14:29)SilentSmoker Wrote: Was this support dropped from Frodo? My files are zipped, but Frodo was able to use the meta name no problem from zipped files.

Do you have "Support browsing into archives" enabled (Settings -> Appearance -> File lists)?

This is disabled by default on the Pi as archives cause significant performance problems for the Pi/Pi2.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Yes, I do have that setting enabled. The file inside the zip is read by Kodi with no problems. The library view shows the scanned files and they have the meta title. When browsing in files view mode the meta title is not displayed it just shows the actual file name. The only things that show in file view mode are as follows:

American.Crime\American.Crime.S01E06.720p.HDTV.X264-DIMENSION\American.Crime.S01E06.720p.HDTV.X264-DIMENSION.mkv "the mkv is inside a zipped multi-part archive"

1.) I get fanart for American.Crime
2.) I get an episode screenshot for American.Crime.S01E06.720p.HDTV.X264-DIMENSION "weird, this didn't happen in Frodo "
3.) I get nothing for American.Crime.S01E06.720p.HDTV.X264-DIMENSION.mkv " I should get fanart, meta title, episode screenshot, info about the episode"

If I manually refresh the episode.mkv it will produce the desired results, however this will quickly be removed if any more library updates are done on this folder.

In frodo this was all working. The only difference I notice is that I never got the episode screenshot on the episode folder in frodo or 2.) from above. Could Kodi or the tvdb scraper be trying to do everything a level to soon?

I have tried scanning with or without advancedsettings.xml , turning on/off replace file names with library titles, flatening, etc. All produce the same results.

I have never noticed anything weird or lack of performance on the original Pi with zipped "rar" archives. It has always worked wonderfully for me, my entire 20tb archive is in zipped "rar" archives. It may be a little slow at times browsing a massive directory "200 shows" or "1000 movies"with all the info and covers loaded, but I get around that by sub categorizing which speeds it up a bunch. It even plays the 13gb zipped 1080p mkvs with no issues.
The first thing I would try is to extract some of the files from the zip and then see if they work.

To be honest, I can't see why you would need to keep them in a zip archive. It is very doubtful that you will get any compression, so I don't really see the benefit.

But either way, the thing to do is work out whether the problem is related to the files being in a zip.

FWIW I have loads of TV series files viewing in files view and everything works perfectly.
I will try with extracting, but it is not an option for me to have my files that way. You are correct, no compression is used when packing these, if compression is used they definitely wont play in Kodi. The shows, movies etc are released by the scene as zipped archives. I must keep these files as they were released for sharing purposes. Again this worked in frodo!

OK ~ as I thought removing one level from my file structure now loads the files properly. I assume this is because zip support is removed by default, thus eliminating a level by default.
The files show properly whether they are zipped or not zipped on this level after scan.

2.Broke.Girls\2.Broke.Girls.S04E16.720p.HDTV.X264-DIMENSION.mkv
\2.Broke.Girls.S04E17.720p.HDTV.X264-DIMENSION.mkv files load everything properly in files view mode.

They do not load properly in files view mode when each mkv is in their own directory which is needed for zipped archives.

2.Broke.Girls\2.Broke.Girls.S04E16.720p.HDTV.X264-DIMENSION\2.Broke.Girls.S04E16.720p.HDTV.X264-DIMENSION.mkv
\2.Broke.Girls.S04E17.720p.HDTV.X264-DIMENSION\2.Broke.Girls.S04E17.720p.HDTV.X264-DIMENSION.mkv these do not load properly in files view mode.

In both cases the files load properly in the library view mode.
Is there anyway other than removing my zip archives to get this working for me? Maybe a setting in advancedsettings.xml or something?

tv_scraper = zipped archive file structure.

Thoughts?

I really love XBMC/KODI and have been using since time began! I do not wish to change only to have this work like it used to work!
I really appreciate all the help, thanks very much.
(2015-04-15, 13:54)SilentSmoker Wrote: I will try with extracting, but it is not an option for me to have my files that way. You are correct, no compression is used when packing these, if compression is used they definitely wont play in Kodi. The shows, movies etc are released by the scene as zipped archives. I must keep these files as they were released for sharing purposes. Again this worked in frodo!

You should avoid discussing 'sharing' on the forum. Most sharing tends to be illegal.
(2015-04-15, 14:21)mcelliott Wrote:
(2015-04-15, 13:54)SilentSmoker Wrote: I will try with extracting, but it is not an option for me to have my files that way. You are correct, no compression is used when packing these, if compression is used they definitely wont play in Kodi. The shows, movies etc are released by the scene as zipped archives. I must keep these files as they were released for sharing purposes. Again this worked in frodo!

You should avoid discussing 'sharing' on the forum. Most sharing tends to be illegal.

Sorry about that, should I go back and remove the sharing stuff?
You're able to patch and build yourself?
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
(2015-04-17, 08:19)mkortstiege Wrote: You're able to patch and build yourself?

Nope, but I can follow directions if someone could post details of how to do that. I assume you mean build a custom rpi2 image as openelec with frodo, or raspbmc with frodo?
(2015-04-17, 14:18)SilentSmoker Wrote: Nope, but I can follow directions if someone could post details of how to do that. I assume you mean build a custom rpi2 image as openelec with frodo, or raspbmc with frodo?

@SilentSmoker: If you're able to install OpenELEC, try the latest OpenELEC Kodi 15 Test Build as this includes PR6969 by @mkortstiege which may address this problem. Even if you don't want to run OpenELEC long term, it would be useful to know if this fixes your problem or not.

Or build your own image/binary with PR6969.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2015-04-17, 23:01)Milhouse Wrote:
(2015-04-17, 14:18)SilentSmoker Wrote: Nope, but I can follow directions if someone could post details of how to do that. I assume you mean build a custom rpi2 image as openelec with frodo, or raspbmc with frodo?

@SilentSmoker: If you're able to install OpenELEC, try the latest OpenELEC Kodi 15 Test Build as this includes PR6969 by @mkortstiege which may address this problem. Even if you don't want to run OpenELEC long term, it would be useful to know if this fixes your problem or not.

Or build your own image/binary with PR6969.

Thank-you guys,

I used New OpenELEC Isengard build #0417 RPi2.

This build fixes my issues!! Also I must say that files view mode works better now than ever. In the past it would just populate the meta data to whatever level of folders you were on.
Now when scraped it applies I assume some sort of stacking to the folder and pulls the found video files into level 2, essentially just like library mode. Brilliant!! Now I don't have to go in and out of folders to play the next episode of a show.

This is confirmed working on a 3 and 4 level folder structure with zipped archives on either of these levels.

TV Show Folder \ Episode Folder \ Episode File < in kodi = TV Show Folder \ Episode 1, 2, 3, 4 , etc. all episodes have meta data and artwork on level 2
TV Show Folder \ Season Folder \ Episode Folder \ Episode File < in kodi = TV Show Folder \ Season Folder \ Episode 1, 2, 3, 4 , etc. all episodes have meta data and artwork on level 3

Scanning archive now!

Thanks to @mkortstiege for the patch, it works perfectly!
Great. Thanks for testing.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Replacing File Names with Library Titles0