Playlist loader buffering
Is there anyway to increase cache size for streaming with playlist loader?. I'm getting buffering every minute or so with a video stream, so I would prefer it buffer a lot of data before playback. Editing advancesettings.xml doesn't seem to effect it.
Assuming you edited advancedsettings with the appropriate HOW-TO:Modify_the_video_cache (wiki) settings, it may be an issue with either your connection or the stream quality. Some streams are poor quality or have overloaded servers which results in near-constant buffering regardless of your settings or connection speed.

You can also try looking in the specific addon's settings for anything related to video quality or cache. Reducing video quality from HD to SD or to a lower bitrate may improve buffering.

Also pausing right after starting a stream and walking away for a bit MAY give slow streams a chance to buffer ahead a bit.
Yes I used that guide. Changes I make to Advancedsettings are effecting my local network caching and also youtube addon normally. I set cache size to 100mb when I was playing around with settings and this successfully worked for youtube addon(took about a minute to start playback), however playlist loader still loaded the video stream immediately, showing that AdvancedSettings didnt effect it.

The addon settings for playlist editor doesnt contain any settings for cache. I wish there was an option to lower the quality on the stream, it appears to be 480p, but I would prefer smoother playback at 360p. If I could get it to cache 50-100mb that would solve my problem. Because its only buffering 5 seconds every minute. So I could probably get 30 minutes of smooth playback from 2.5 minutes of buffering.
I am with you on this playlist buffering is a real pita. To watch a 20 minute The Simpsons it buffers 3 times. The video and kodi are both local on the same machine no streaming. Using Windows 10. I cannot find a cause for the buffer. Power management is set to high performance never shut off drives. The drives are Enterprise WD drives.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Playlist loader buffering0