Req Few open issues
Hi,

First, what an amazing skin. Good job.

I just start working with that, but I have some questions:

1) On "Simple Confluence-Style homescreen horizontal":
How can I cahnge the Focuscolor of the main shortcuts (Live Tv, Movies ..... Settings).
I don't see it on the Skin Settings.
I'm understanding that always the focus shortcut is on the center, but it would be nice if it will be focused by color also.

2) Live TV:
Please add a new View type which include also a small screen for watching when choosing a channel (Like on the default Kodi skin).
Now it only play it on the background.

3) How can I set a shourtcut which will go to the general "ADDON" screen which shown on inside the "SETTINGS"?
The "Add-On Browser" always goes to PROGRAM addons, and when I going up it shows kind of Explorer with only Programs folder there.

4) Please add an option stop shown the bottom playback bar each time you jumping forward/backward on time also when pause. It's little annoying.
Just popup a little bar (Like the default skin). It would be nice.
By the way, the option of "Not show video info on pause" is not working.

5) When you goes to the Subtitle, and want go to one of the submenu options, sometimes it disappered before I get to it (With the mouse)

That's for now.

Hope you understanding what I meant.
Thanks a lot,
You can set OSD timeout to 0 then it doesn't show it, and you can enable on screen display of actions (not sure what the second one is actually called).
@burekas, thanks for your feedback. As I'm currently a little busy (as my home server had crashed) I will get back to you in a few days.
Thanks, I'm waiting for updates
Now that I've pushed out another version to stable I can start working on some feature requests again.
I'll let you know once I have fixed your requests in a few days.
New Request:
6) Add a view mode for Home Screen for the Libraries such as Movies and TV Shows:
Instead of seeing 10 tiles of Recently Add just show the background Fanart but add a small box with opcaity which show the description of the movie.

* By the way how can I control the time intervals between the Movies automatic switching on the background?
If there is not an option for that, please add this also.

Regarding number 4 a small correction, the option "Not show video info on pause" seems to be working,
I just mean that on Pause or Forward/Backword the bottom bar which jumping each time is too big,
so make it very small would be nice (as I wrote there, kind like the Confluence basic skin)

I'm very appreciated your job.
Thanks again.
1) Fixed. The color will now follow the "home tile focus color" setting in the skin settings --> appearance options.

2) Added the preview screen in the PVR windows, you can disable it in the skin settings

3) Skin Settings --> Configure menu shortcuts --> Add --> Choose settings section --> choose Add-Ons

4) This was a bug, I now fixed the "show video info on pause" setting. If disabled it will show a small panel with the details (like confluence).

5) make sure to move upwards, once you focus a different OSD button it will hide the subtitles menu, as it should. It's by design.

6) This is on my TODO list, it's just a whole new home screen. Will create something like this within a couple of weeks.

7) If you mean extrafanart backgrounds rotating while you're browsing movies ; there's a setting for that in the skin settings, see appearance options. If you mean the random rotating background on home; currently not possible but will look into this soon.

These changes will be available in the next beta version of the skin: 3.3.1
Make sure you have the beta version installed if you want to testdrive it.
Thank you very much.
I tested the Beta 3.3.1.

See my conclusions and comments below:

1) Thanks, working good.

2) Thanks. Some Comments regarding the video preview in PVR section:
a. The preview screen is very small. Try make it a lot bigger (so the width will cover all its place), when also move the video details under the preview screen.
b. Add an option except of pressing on the background screen in order to see it on full screen that also pressing on the preview will switch it to full screen.
c. Make the mouse influence the channels list only when it go over the list and not when it on the the preview section (It will be matter if -b- will be implemented)
d. Make an option in Appearance LIVE TV settings so that the channels will be on left while the preview section will be on the right.
(Also on libraries, add an option to switch between right/left list,details,picture on the different view modes)

3) Thanks.

4) Thanks, now it's looking good and nice.
Some comments:
a. I have a small request for this small panel on the top, please add also the current time with the total time (something like this 11:33 / 44:32).
Now it just show few messages such as: Seeking, Finish at , and || when pause.
b. Why sometimes it shows just "SEEKING" without time value and sometimes it shows "SEEKING +00:30" with the time value?

5) OK, I understand. So please move the "download" option to be above the "subtitles" icon. I think it will be more comfortable.
Because when I'm using a mouse most of the time I'm moving straight from this icon to the "download" button so this is what happens.
Thanks.

6) Thanks, I will wait for updates. In my opinion it will nice especialy with vertical homescreen view.

7) Thanks, I will wait for updates.

>> Some more new requests:
8) Please add an option to do "Page up/down" in skin settings, because now I need to long press on up/down arrow, a little annoying.

9) Please add an option to choose default focus on an icon in power menu ("S"). So I can choose "shutdown" every time I press on "S" and then just to press Enter.

10) When you pause a video and goes to the homescreen on vertical mode the video on the background should be stretched on all over the screen, because when you go over the menu options it not looking good on the margins on the background.

And again I'm very appreciated your job Smile
Thanks a lot.
Hi Burekas, I'll provide a new beta with some fixes and requests implemented tomorrow.
(2015-04-27, 21:05)burekas Wrote: 2) Thanks. Some Comments regarding the video preview in PVR section:
a. The preview screen is very small. Try make it a lot bigger (so the width will cover all its place), when also move the video details under the preview screen.
b. Add an option except of pressing on the background screen in order to see it on full screen that also pressing on the preview will switch it to full screen.
c. Make the mouse influence the channels list only when it go over the list and not when it on the the preview section (It will be matter if -b- will be implemented)
d. Make an option in Appearance LIVE TV settings so that the channels will be on left while the preview section will be on the right.
(Also on libraries, add an option to switch between right/left list,details,picture on the different view modes)

About this: why not use a different view instead ? For example in Live TV channels I suggest you to use the "Big list" View as it has exactly what you describe...
(2015-04-29, 12:59)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2015-04-27, 21:05)burekas Wrote: 2) Thanks. Some Comments regarding the video preview in PVR section:

About this: why not use a different view instead ? For example in Live TV channels I suggest you to use the "Big list" View as it has exactly what you describe...
a. For the preview screen It's still to small, see example in Confluence skin on default view.
c. If you can still add this as an option in LIVE TV settings to choose Right/Left, Left/Right, and make it also on "list" view (Now it's only on Big/Small list), it could be nice
* On the small list there isn't preview.

By the way, in Guide view:
Please add an option go to "options" also with the keyboard. Now you can do it only with the mouse.
In addition, closing this "options" make it also not only with the X button.

Thanks, waiting for updates.
Just uploaded beta version 3.3.2 to the beta repo...

Some comments:

2) I've changed the Big List view a bit so it contains a big preview now. Also added to the low list. As for the swap left/right lists etc. That's on my todo list for later because it's not an easy change, basically it's just a whole other view that has to be added.

4) The small OSD panel is now fixed. Also contains the elapsed/remaining time now.
4b) Just seeking (without a number) means that the player is pre-buffering (or something)

5) Download moved to last position in the list (meaning above the subtitles button), made sense to me.

6) on the todo list for later

7) that setting is now added to the skin settings --> appearance

8) please explain.. what pageup/dowen do you mean, why ? If you mean to scroll fast in a list.. did you know that you can focus the scrollbar by pressing right on the lists ?

9) Not possible as the list is dynamic. Why not set the power button as first entry ? You can customize the power menu to your needs.. See the skin settings

10) Not possible. Skinners have no aspect ratio control over the video window. It just follows your "zoom" settings.

11) Guide: The behaviour should be that if you press back/backspace that the menu should open up. You could also set your epg "lingertime" very short (see advancedsettings for kodi) so you can press the left Arrow to access the options.
Tested with 3.3.2

2) Ok, thanks. If you can also add a view mode like this:
http://kodi.tv/wp-content/uploads/2012/1...hot006.png
It could be great also.

4) Thanks, it's look nice.
But in my opinion the concept of "elapsed/remaining" together is wrong and a little bit confusing.
It should be "elapsed/Total time" or "remaining/Total time" (And add an option to choose between them)
4b) So I think it should be "Buffering ... 40%" instead of just "SEEKING".

5) Thanks.

6) OK. Waiting.

7) Great. Thanks.

8) I meant that for example if you are in Movies Library when you pressing "Page up"/"Page down" on keyboard it actually doing something.
But on the skin settings it doesn't works. It more comfortable moving fast up/down instead the scrollbar/
(By the way the scrollbar is showning just on mouse/touchpad support. I think that it should be shown in both options)

9) what do you mean by "first entry", Now there is 4 options which are OK for me, but every time I pressing "S" the focused icon is by the last focused icon. So if the last mark was on "Settings" icon, when you press "S" again it will be again on "Settings" icon, and I want that there will be an option to choose default icon.
But it not so critical.

10) You are right, on TV-Show it actually stretch. On LIVE TV I chose a problematic channel.

11) Thanks. the backspace doing the job.
But why the default view is the EPG when I go to LIVE TV from the home screen? How can I set that the "channels" view will be the default screen?

New request:
12) Please add an option for changing the "Watched", "Number of episodes" mark's color, because it little confusing on TV-Shows, they look similar (eye, numbers, the mark's color)

Thanks. Good job.
Hi marcelveldt,

Do you have some new information for me?

Thanks.
(2015-05-06, 00:10)burekas Wrote: Hi marcelveldt,

Do you have some new information for me?

Thanks.

Not yet, later this week I have some more time. I'll keep you posted

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Few open issues0