Nvidia Shield Tablet Track pad Issues
Hey everyone,

Is there any way for me to change the mapping for Kofi, I tried looking through all the settings to do so but can't find anything.

Basically what happens is when I am playing a TV show, and my thumb accidentally brushes again the trackpad of the gamepad, it fast forward the video (2x,4x,8x,16x,32x). Given the size of my hands, this tends to happen quite frequently.

Does anyone know how I can disable the track pad within Kodi?
Create a plain text file on your computer or even on your tablet with the following text:

Code:
<keymap>
  <FullscreenVideo>
    <joystick>
      <axis id="3" limit="+1">noop</axis>
      <axis id="3" limit="-1">noop</axis>
    </joystick>
  </FullscreenVideo>
</keymap>

Call it something like "keymap.xml" or "joystick.xml". As long as it ends in .xml. Then move it to the userdata folder (wiki), and the keymaps folder inside that.

You can see the full map from here: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...xml.sample

Kodi loads keymaps on top of each other, so we change that keymap by only saying "don't use the joystick on fullscreenvideo" as shown above, rather than having an exact copy of the joystick.xml file shown in the github link. The "noop" command means "no operation". You can see more examples at keymap (wiki).
That would work, except for its not the joystick, rather the TouchPad that acts as a virtual mouse.
Ah, in that case:

Code:
<keymap>
  <FullscreenVideo>
    <mouse>
      <leftclick>noop</leftclick>
      <rightclick>noop</rightclick>
      <middleclick>noop</middleclick>
      <doubleclick id="0">noop</doubleclick>
      <longclick id="0">noop</longclick>
      <wheeldown>noop</wheeldown>
      <wheelup>noop</wheelup>
      <mousedrag>noop</mousedrag>
      <mousemove>noop</mousemove>
    </mouse>
  </FullscreenVideo>
</keymap>

That should totally disable it durning fullscreen video.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Nvidia Shield Tablet Track pad Issues0