• 3(current)
Release Library Node Editor
Yes skin shortcuts works wonderfully with library nodes. I have setup many of them with it Smile

Aeon mix 5 uses it

EDIT: Aeon Nox
Thanks, you mean Aeon Nox? Pity that Transparency! does not support it (yet?). Maybe, I switch my RPis to Conq, which I also saw supports it. And then experiment with Titan or Aeon Nox. Though, T! has just always been my favorite, so hope there could be some other work-around.

Related question, do I need to do all of this for each client or could I make all the node configurations (with the node editor) on one client and then just copy and paste some folder to the other ones? Across skins and across platforms?
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
Transparency needs skin shortcuts support which I don't believe it has yet.

And yes, you should be able to copy the xml files from your userdata to any computer.
For the life of me I cannot figure out why I cannot get it to work. I can see how this can be useful and spent few hours to experiment but no avail. Usually you can find helpful articles with help of Google but for this there is absolutely nothing, apart of this board and Wiki article. I created few test nodes but I cannot see them in videos or Movies or TV menu. Only when I access from Program menu. Is there a link or resource with more detailed how to or info for idiots like me?
This add-on is just a front end for the nodes, so the xml stuff maybe of some help to you if things are not working.

http://kodi.wiki/view/Video_nodes
http://kodi.wiki/view/Audio_nodes

Make sure your using a skin that supports nodes. I use Aeon Nox.
Hello,

Is there any place where i can read how to setup Custom Nodes with this addon?? I just want to do simple thing - separate my movies from my kid's cartoons. They are located in separate NFS mounts:

/storage/Win7/Bajki
/storage/Win7/Filmy

If I understood correctly, all of them have to be added and scrapped into main KODI video library. Then, usually, I'll find them all under "Movies". And here is my question - how to separate them based on their location? I know how to add and remove items to my home screen, just have no idea how to configure this addon. I can't find any place where I can include or exclude path.
try if one of these two works for you:

1) for movies not in the library

New Node > (enter name)
go into the node you've created and select 'add path'
and enter '/storage/Win7/Filmy'

2) if your movies are scraped to the library, you can also use:

New Node > (enter name)
go into the node you've created and select 'add content' and select 'movies'
next, select 'add rule'
select 'title' and change it to 'path'
select '<no value>' and change it to 'Filmy'
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
The wiki page for the Add-on:Video Node Editor (wiki) (the precursor to this script, which only managed video nodes) has a couple of examples including how to limit content by path.
Thanks @ronie and @BobCratchett for explanation. Works like a charm. SmileSmile
@ronie and @BobCratchett Thumbs up from here also.
Hello, long time user, first time on the forums.

I've stumbled on this addon, but for the life of me, i cant figure it out.

I have my movies and TV shows setup and scraped nicely.
However, I would like to create two "parent menu items" just like movies and tv shows, one for Comedy standups, EG: George Carlin Life Is Worth Losing (2005)
and Robin Williams Live on Broadway (2002)

The other one is for music concerts, both will be scrapped by themoviedb idealy, and are stored on specific folders that are not included in the movie library. path is : smb//nas/comedy and smb//nas/concerts

How can i achieve this and have new shortcuts/item menus on my metropolis skin, or any other skin that is compatible with this plugin.

I prefer to have those new library items not to be included in the movies library

Appreciate the help.
Test the nodes first to see if they work from the video menu.

Then since you use a custom skin you can either edit the skin files, or you can use a skin that supports the skin shortcuts add-on like Aeon nox 5.

It works quite well.
Tutorial video below for a sample music node

Also there is a dedicated thread for Node examples now in the guides forum where people can share stuff they come up with.

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=257378
Is there a way to personalize a node inside another node with the Library Node Editor?

One example:

01. I create a node to filter Artists who start with the letter A.
02. Ok, so I have a node with the name "A" and inside my "A" artists.
03. But then, I would like inside of one of these "A" artists filter the albums for a defined tag. Let's say that I want the albums filtered by year, type of album or whatever I defined.

Is it possible?? I get the first step, but I couldn't establish the second filter for the Albums...

Appreciate the help! Blush
Hey guys I am trying to remove the Music Add-ons node from Music - Files.

It would seem there isn't an XML file for this button and I can't see it in Library Node Editor. Any help?
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Library Node Editor3