• 6(current)
Release Library Node Editor
Thanks, I'll give it a go over the weekend.
(2016-04-09, 00:52)Hitcher Wrote: Thanks, I'll give it a go over the weekend.

Much appreciated. As path-based nodes are completely re-written in the git version of the script (and therefore in the PR, and thanks to Dave Blake for the help in getting these type of nodes working), just to be clear: when selecting 'Add path...' for any node without a path or content specified, or when selecting 'Path: [current path]' for any node which already has the path set, select 'Plugin...' (the last item in the list) to begin exploring plugin nodes. The code is based on Skin Shortcuts, so choose 'Link path to here' when browsed to the plugin node you want the library node to link to Smile

Thanks again for your help.
(2016-03-25, 04:25)VelvetKevorkian Wrote:
(2016-01-30, 16:39)Nazgyl Wrote: Hello, long time user, first time on the forums.

I've stumbled on this addon, but for the life of me, i cant figure it out.

I have my movies and TV shows setup and scraped nicely.
However, I would like to create two "parent menu items" just like movies and tv shows, one for Comedy standups, EG: George Carlin Life Is Worth Losing (2005)
and Robin Williams Live on Broadway (2002)

The other one is for music concerts, both will be scrapped by themoviedb idealy, and are stored on specific folders that are not included in the movie library. path is : smb//nas/comedy and smb//nas/concerts

How can i achieve this and have new shortcuts/item menus on my metropolis skin, or any other skin that is compatible with this plugin.

I prefer to have those new library items not to be included in the movies library

Appreciate the help.

I'm trying to do the same thing:
Create 2 categories: Comedy | Concerts
Files are sorted in specific folders

Problem: They use TMDb as a scraper, therefore comedy/concert videos appear in Movies

I tried editing the Movies node (e.g. "path is not G:\Comedy"), but it does not work.

Is there a workaround, like editing an xml file?
Follow-up question:
How can i create those 2 categories as home menu items in Confluence (Zeitgeist mod)?

To answer my own question:
It works - by combining library node editor with a skin that supports skin shortcuts.
Unlisted skins that also support this include Metropolis, Mimic, Arctic: Zephyr...

HOW TO

- Create new parent nodes in library node editor for the categories you want,
including a new "movies" since the original one will include stuff from your new categories/is unfiltered

- Custom parent node for Concerts:
Set path to your folder containing what you want as a (sub-)menu... e.g. Concerts, Stand-Up Comedy...

Go to skin settings and then, depending on the skin: "Home furniture" or "Setup menus and widgets"... sth that lets you customize menus.
- Add (new menu <NONE> appears - fill it)
- Chose item for menu -> Video library
There are now not only Movies, TV shows - there are your parent nodes

The rest should be self-explanatory.

This is what you can do with library node editor + skin shortcuts:
Completely customized home menus and submenus.
Movies, Concerts and Stand-Up all use TMDb as scraper, but due to separate nodes, it works.

Also great:
If you install a new skin that uses the skin shortcuts script - it will use the same settings you made prior.
No need to re-edit the home menu again. Big Grin
KODI Player: Nvidia Shield TV Pro [2019] w/ Wolf Launcher + Synology DS418 | Receiver: Marantz SR6013 | TV: LG 55SJ800V | Toaster: Severin AT 2515

How to:
Create custom video nodes like Documentaries, Concerts, Kids etc
Question 
Huh Is there a way I can make a node where the parent node, when clicked, leads to a regular menu that displays addons I choose? I know I can use skin shortcuts to create submenus, or widgets, rather, but I can't seem to find a way to do what I'd like to do, which is ideally have a completely separate parent node for adult addons (and maybe as a bonus also videos from a path, as well) , which would work just like clicking the "videos" parent node on the home screen, except instead of the menu that appears with all the video sources, it would just be a list of the addons I set up to appear there. This is something I'd really like to be able to do with other things, too. Am I just missing something? I couldn't seem to figure out how to do that.
Addons are path-based nodes, but I don't believe there are any components that can be added to the path that apply to addons let alone do what you want. The best option might be to use Super Favourites to create a list of just the addons you want to see then either link that to your library node (in the Krypton version of the editor add a path, select it and choose 'Plugin...', in earlier versions of the editor see here for an example of the path you'd set) or set it directly as your menu item/widget in Skin Shortcuts.
@SpaceOctupus

If I understand you correctly the SuperFavourites addon can do most if not all if what you are asking.

The relevant new super favourites folder (parent node for the purpose of this thread) can then be added wherever you want to your skin.

You don't even necessarily need to add the addon itself, you can add whatever submenu parts that you want, links to videos (either local or online), etc, etc. Basically you can recreate a custom folder menu structure from any different parts of Kodi, mixing and matching as you wish. It is pretty cool.

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...favourites
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
there is a bug in Video Node Editor.
If you filter by genre, the generated code is
<Rule field = "genres" operator = "contains"> <value> Animation </ value> </ rule>
while the right syntax is
<Rule field = "genre" operator = "contain"> <value> Animation </ value> </ rule>
without (s) to "genre" and "contain"

Modify resources/rules.xml
line 304, replace with <operator label="21400">contain</operator>
line 96 , replace with <match name="genre">
line 97 , replace with <label>515</label>
line 344 , replace with <label>515</label>

Modify resources/lib/rules.py
line 1034, replace with if match == "genre":

Someone who maintains the code?
(2016-08-27, 19:31)Cyr-ius Wrote: Someone who maintains the code?

nope, the video node editor addon is no longer supported.
you should be using the library node editor addon instead.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Is it possible to add some protection so the Movie >> Title node cannot be deleted?

This could possibly let us change the movies hardcoded link on the main menu in the default theme one day without worrying about people deleting it using the node editor.

EDIT: regarding this closed PR https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/4092
Couldn't that just be covered by using a variable anyway?
@Bobcratchet sorry for the long delay in getting to test this, but many thanks for adding (folder) path type node support.

Couple of things that perhaps you, or someone with more knowledge of skins and Python than me, could look at:

1) During editing the nodes get sorted oddly (maybe by xml file date as says Sortby: Date at the top of the screen)? What would be more useful is the node order. [This could be down to the skin and the type of item it thinks is being listed not the addon?].
For example added a node order = 100 and it gets put here, why?

2) To reflect additions to Krypton is it possible to add "Roles" to the list of content values that comes up after "Add path..." when creating a new path based music node (along with Genres, Artists, Albums, Songs etc.)

3) Problems with editing paths with multiple components e.g <path>musicdb://albums/?roleid=2&artistid=8&year=1988</path>
If it is created using "Add component" or is an existing xml file then try "Manual Edit.." path editor dialog just shows "musicdb://albums/?roleid=2", truncated at the first option. I can add more (again) and it is saved correctly, just does not come up when dialog opens.
@DaveBlake

1 - I'll do a PR for that when I've sorted 3 (no point doing it as a separate PR - it literally requires 1 extra word in the code)

2 - What is the roles path...? (E.g. 'Genres' is 'musicdb://genres') - btw, all the rules and what-not are defined in xml so if you ever notice anything like that that's missing you can add it yourself without knowing any Python - the roles path would be added here, for example.

3 - Can reproduce, just haven't tracked down where in the code that happens. Will be fixed, and thanks for the bug report Smile

Edit - PR for 1 & 3
Thanks @BobCratchet for quick response. If I can get my head around the merge to master I will, otherwise I'll ping @ronie when he gets back from devcon.

Thanks again for this usefull addon, I'm hoping we can get more users exploring the power of custom nodes.
Any ideas on how to share custom example nodes?

I was thinking of storing them in a github repo possibly?

That way this add-on could access them and auto download them in some way and users could contribute new ones through PRs. Thoughts?
Zag, I'm a great believer that Kodi would benefit hugely from an easy way to share custom nodes (and playlists, come to that) and git seems very much the obvious place to act as a central storage. (Though if they're being accessed by a script, there should be no reason a script can't be used to share from the current system - though I don't know how easy creating a PR would be from python...)

I'm less convinced this add-on should be the one responsible for accessing and downloading them as it feels like feature creep which could easily be managed (with the possibility of extending it to things like playlists without pushing the definition of a 'node editor' even further Wink) by a new script.
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Library Node Editor3