RPi2 Custom Build (Frodo)
Is it possible to build a a custom RPi2 image that has frodo as the xbmc build? I tried to manually do this myself with no luck!

Thoughts?
Why would you want to?

Sure it's possible. Most arm code built for Pi1 will run on Pi2 if firmware and kernel are updated,
so you could start with a Frodo image that works on Pi1. Update kernel and firmware to latest version from raspbian, and it might work.
It's not so much that I want to, but sort of have to. Kodi does not support my file structure for tv shows. I have one or two more levels of folders and Kodi does not want to add meta info/artwork to these levels in files view mode.
The levels being folder1\folder2\file or folder1\folder2\folder3\file

Frodo populates the files in these folders with meta data and artwork (in files view mode)
Kodi will only populate the files with two levels folder1\file (in files view mode) ~ else I get no meta data.

I had no luck again trying to custom build the newest openelec image with a system and kernel files I pulled from an openelec build that had frodo.
Should I be replacing different files.
in my test openelec boots and then errors trying to create sysroot, message says can't find system.
Certainly for TV shows, Kodi does tend to assume by default that the top level folder in the source will only contain a single TV show for scraping. But if you go into edit content of the folder (select it and bring up the "i" context menu), there's a tick-box which sets/unsets that. You should find that by unsetting that then it will scrape the content of the sub-folders properly. Depending on how many folder levels you have, you may need to repeat it at lower levels, just make sure that it's only the lowest level folder (the one with the programme files themselves in) which has the tick box set.

I have such a set-up on my Pi, with folder1 level being general programme types (science, nature, history, various series etc), folder2 level being the programme itself (BBC documentaries, Dr Who, Game of Thrones etc) and in some cases a folder3 level with the individual seasons/series. It's a bit of a pain to have to remember to do it if you do a library rebuild or move/change your sources, but once done it's fine and stays done (so if you add new programmes to a higher level folder they should scrape fine as long as you set the new programmes folder up correctly).
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
I have my structure set exactly as you say, but it does not work for me. It scrapes the files fine into library view mode, even four levels deep in sub folders. However it used to populate files view mode with this meta info as well, but it does not in Kodi. I could provide screenshots if needed.
Odd - I just checked mine (OpenElec 5.0.8 on a Pi1 B+) and the full scraped metadata seems to be there both in file view and library view. So it's not something fundamental to Kodi itself.

In the files view of the lowest level folder, if you go into the menu and bring up TV show information, are you able to force it to refresh?
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2015-04-16, 19:51)DarrenHill Wrote: Odd - I just checked mine (OpenElec 5.0.8 on a Pi1 B+) and the full scraped metadata seems to be there both in file view and library view. So it's not something fundamental to Kodi itself.

Bear in mind that SilentSmoker is using zips, which would seem to be part if not all of the problem.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2015-04-16, 19:51)DarrenHill Wrote: Odd - I just checked mine (OpenElec 5.0.8 on a Pi1 B+) and the full scraped metadata seems to be there both in file view and library view. So it's not something fundamental to Kodi itself.

In the files view of the lowest level folder, if you go into the menu and bring up TV show information, are you able to force it to refresh?

Correct i can go to the lowest level folder and refresh which will populate the meta dat and artwork.... but if i run a scan on the main folder again the meta data is gone.
(2015-04-16, 20:09)Milhouse Wrote:

Bear in mind that SilentSmoker is using zips, which would seem to be part if not all of the problem.

I think its a combination of zips and folder levels, because if I put all the zips on level 2, the meta data shows in files view mode.

Screenshot of folder view that works but is not how I have my files, just did that for testing.

Screenshot of folder view that doesn't work. The zip files would be inside these folders.

Files view mode in Frodo used to populate any sub folder level, Kodi seems to not do this with zip files I guess. Am I the only person who has their files like this?
Ah the good ol zips that are left about due to poor file housekeeping practices.

Time for a spring clean to ease the CPU burdon on the RPi2 if you want good performance into the future.
You know what you need to do with those zips.

Either that or buy an Intel NUC with more CPU grunt than you will ever need to just run Kodi.

(2015-04-16, 22:45)SilentSmoker Wrote:

Correct i can go to the lowest level folder and refresh which will populate the meta dat and artwork.... but if i run a scan on the main folder again the meta data is gone.

So it sounds to me like the only difference between your folder structure and mine is the presence/absence of zip files, and that mine works and yours has issues (my metadata stays if I scrape). For me that would indicate where your issue is, possibly Kodi is trying to write the metadata into the zip file which is temporarily working (during the scrape) but afterwards those changes are getting discarded.

I don't think I'm going to be able to assist much more from here though, aside from echoing the recommendations above by everyone else.

Kodi Blog Posts
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
I suppose I just don't understand why it works fine in Frodo, but not in Kodi. Regarding that last few posts.

1.) I can't remove the zips due to reasons I am not allowed to speak of here. This should not be an issue as again it worked in Frodo.
2.) This is not poor file cleaning? My shares are beautiful and in original format from release.
3.) I have never noticed anything to be a burden for the cpu on pi1, why would it be on pi2?

Something has obviously changed from Frodo, and if its not going to be fixed , that's fine. I will have to figure something out, or just use library mode and playlists. Or just deal with no meta data or artwork I suppose. It's a shame that I come to forumn for help with loads of info. Though there were some nice suggestions, I also get bashed for my file structure.
This thread can been killed or merged to this one --- http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=224396 --- sort of irrelevant now I guess as my problems have been solved in Kodi.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
RPi2 Custom Build (Frodo)0