Android Right click menu with Nexus Player remote?
Hey I was wondering is there a way to bring up the right click menu with the Nexus Player remote or do I just have to use an app on my tablet or phone for that?
It should be the menu key.
On the remote there is a voice button, dpad, select, pause/start, home (the circle), and back button so I guess there probably isn't a way to do it unless I'm missing something.

You could try to remap the play/pause button or the home button to do the context menu. You can also limit this so that while watching a video play/pause still works as play/pause. See keymaps (wiki).
(2015-04-16, 00:58)Ned Scott Wrote: You could try to remap the play/pause button or the home button to do the context menu. You can also limit this so that while watching a video play/pause still works as play/pause. See keymaps (wiki).

Good idea thanks! EDIT:

Someone on reddit posted this make a NexusPlayerRemote.xml and stick it in /Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata/keymaps/ I use ES File Explorer to access the Nexus Player File system on my computer it has a remote management via FTP you can use works great instead of dealing with flash drives and junk.

Code:
<keymap>
    <videos>
        <keyboard>
            <play_pause>contextmenu</play_pause>
        </keyboard>
    </videos>
</keymap>
Thank you for posting the key map fix. That was the only thing wrong with the Nexus Player, and now its perfect!
I use the following to maintain play/pause while watching while giving me context menu everywhere else.

Code:
<keymap>
    <global>
        <keyboard>
            <play_pause>ContextMenu</play_pause>
        </keyboard>
    </global>
    <fullscreenvideo>
        <keyboard>
            <play_pause>PlayPause</play_pause>
            <key id="61448">stop</key>
        </keyboard>
    </fullscreenvideo>
</keymap>
Does anyone know how to remap the home button on Android TV from within Kodi? Rather than have it return to the Android TV home screen, I'd like to have it do something else within Kodi.
Don't think it's possible, as the system 'grabs' it before any other app can do anything with it.

I think. Wink
Great idea, however I can't get it to work Sad

I created the file (tried both), uploaded through ES filemanager, double checked that it's there, in place, right extensio, everything, restarted Kodi, but still, when I press the play/pause button it always juse play/pauses .... Anything else I need to do to activate this hack?

Edit: Suddenly, apparently without doing anything, it worked. Go figure Smile

More edit: Actually, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I was for example able to use the play/pause button to open the context context menu and add a favorite, but in the favorites, trying to remove an entry, the play/pause button just paused playback. Weird.....
(2015-04-19, 11:53)Arogantis Wrote: I use the following to maintain play/pause while watching while giving me context menu everywhere else.

Code:
<keymap>
    <global>
        <keyboard>
        </keyboard>
    </global>
    <fullscreenvideo>
        <keyboard>
        </keyboard>
    </fullscreenvideo>
</keymap>

In this keymap, is the 61448 key the back button on the Nexus remote? And am I correct to assume that pressing the back arrow on the remote during playback will stop the video?

EDIT: And could the same be done with this function in its place? <browser_back>Stop</browser_back>
I put the current map on the wiki: Alternative keymaps for Nexus Player remote (wiki).

I don't have one myself, so I don't know the answer to kodaxx's question, but I'll update it if anyone finds out.
Correct - I am at home and I can share my settings as well, but I'm pretty sure it's the same as the one below.

(2015-07-28, 22:04)kodaxx Wrote:
(2015-04-19, 11:53)Arogantis Wrote: I use the following to maintain play/pause while watching while giving me context menu everywhere else.

Code:
<keymap>
    <global>
        <keyboard>
        </keyboard>
    </global>
    <fullscreenvideo>
        <keyboard>
        </keyboard>
    </fullscreenvideo>
</keymap>

In this keymap, is the 61448 key the back button on the Nexus remote? And am I correct to assume that pressing the back arrow on the remote during playback will stop the video?

EDIT: And could the same be done with this function in its place? <browser_back>Stop</browser_back>
OK, I tried following the instructions on the wiki and on this form but I still can't get it to work. It seems that I can't even change key from 'c' to 'play/pause'. Even copied the xml program and put it in the right directory but still won't work.

I am using official Kodi 15 from google play on the nexus player, Now that Kodi has become mainstream I was hoping that this issue can be resolved so I can recommend it to everyone who is not a techie (such as myself).

Is there an official add-on that simply fixes this for once and for all without have to write some code? I know to you programmers that this is a simple but to grannies there is no chance they will get this to work.
Is there some program I can install/enable preferable from the official repository?

Since Kodi is now officially available from google play I really want to recommend Kodi on the Nexus player vs the Roku for mainstream use but this seem to be the only quirk left.

thanks in advance to all replies.
I have seen the double click of the select button work great in other Android TV apps. Would this be possible to bring up the menu inside Kodi?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Right click menu with Nexus Player remote?2