help! Kodi crashes during video stream playback
Kodi keeps crashing whenever I try to stream videos, doesn't matter be it genesis or YouTube. I am running an HTPC with Arch linux and LXDE. I have to restart my system two or three times then it will work. If anyone is familiar with this please help. Thanks all.
d e b u g l o g (Debug Log)
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Had the same with 14.1 the upgrade to 14.2 solved it for me
I updated to KODI 14.2, still crashing, please see the debug log at http://www.xbmclogs.com/pqkhm7dku
Thanks for any input.
Quote:00:02:44 T:139812164519872 DEBUG: StartScript - calling plugin Genesis('plugin://plugin.video.genesis/','7','?action=play_tvhost&name=%40midnight+S2013E01&imdb=3279494&tvdb=274099&url=http%3A%2F%2Fsharerepo.com%2Fo1zr66gwazv4&source=01+%7C+%5BB%5DWATCHFREE%5B%2FB%5D+%7C+SHAREREPO+%7C+%5BI%5DLQ+%5B%2FI%5D&provider=Watchfree')

We don't care about those crappy addons. Those addons, like genesis and 1channel, are banned and not allowed to discuss in here. So please don't waste our time.

Try with your local files and then report back or ask for support, where you get this addon from.

Edit:

Or grab a log, where you tried with youtube plugin. There nothing in the log, which seems to be youtube related except the notice, that the addon is installed
@David1977 thank you for all your help. the problem is with streaming online content. Here shows where I can play a local file flawlessly, but a YouTube stream crashed Kodi.

Edit: for comparison, after several reboots, I got both the local file and the YouTube stream to play, here.
Again...maybe it wasnt clear and thats my fault...

Remove ALL of those banned addons and repositories from your installation. Those might causing issues and if those are still installed, its hard to help you in any way. So remove them first as their are highly illegal in most countries.

In other, more direct words, you wont get any support if those addons and repositories are installed.

If local playback and youtube are working fine, then we cant do anything for you, as we dont support those damn addons Wink

If you installed youtube of one of those banned repositories, we still cant do anything for you. Take the official youtube addon. And to verify this, remove all those illegal shit.

Greets

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
help! Kodi crashes during video stream playback0