Old Samsung DLP TV has anynet, but needs special cable?
Hey all, I just got my nice new RazPi 2 w/1gb and got it all set up with Openelec/Kodi14.2 I think was the version. I even got it talking with my media server and have all the Sickrage data and pictures getting scraped perfectly! Now all I need is to get a remote working so I can use it with my TV. Unfortunately my TV is a bit on the old side. It is a Samsung HL-R6178W, made in like 2005 Confused.

Here's what I know
------------------------------
When I plug RP in, the CEC splash hits the corner. When I start messing with the anynet settings I get nothing. Then I find that there is an anynet PORT on the back of this dinosaur, so I'm assuming it isn't using HDMI-CEC, but I can't be sure since I'm getting the CEC splash on plug in. Here's what I'm looking at from the back.
Anyone know if this beast has anything I could work with? I also see DNET and RS232C, whatever those are. Is there a way I might be able to jerry-rig something with this weird anynet port? I ain't afraid of splicing cables, loading software, and soldering pins together Tongue Anything usable or am I gonna be limited to FLIRC / wifi controls on this puppy? Also, here's the manual I'm looking at, and if that link doesn't work try this one.

Thanks Big Grin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Old Samsung DLP TV has anynet, but needs special cable?0