KODIbuntu Updating problem
Hello guys.

Well i´m finally going to update all my HTPC to Kodi. The thing is that i want to install the 32bits version of KodiBuntu wich is the 14.0 RC. I know that the wiki tells me the following:

* KodiBuntu, once installed, simply needs to run an update to load Kodi v14.2.

and then it tells me to:

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade

The thing is that when i do this, it doesnt go to 14.2 but it goes to the 15.0 Isenghard that i dont want to.

How can i update to 14.2?

Tks
The reason is very simple Wink...

The 32bit version of kodibuntu contains the unstable/nightly ppa. So you updated to the latest nightly which is of course Kodi 15 Alpha 2.

Now you have different options

1. Keep this installation (what is not really a problem, because it should work pretty fine so far) and update to kodi 15 stable when it's ready
2. Follow this: http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Install_Kod...nt_version

Be aware you follow 1.1.4 and not 1.1.5 - in 1.1.5 you will downgrade to gotham

In both cases you have to change the ppas sooner or later. Even if you keep the kodi 15 Alpha 2 version, you are need to change the ppa to the stable version if you want to update to Kodi 15 stable, when it's available.

Greetings
Hello
I've done the exact same thing as the OP and installed 15.0 beta1. I had a go at rolling it back to 14.2 as per the instructions but can't seem to get the hang of this ppa business. Any idea how to change to the stable ppa? It looks like I have 2.16-1installed.. Thanks.
Please post the output of

Code:
sudo apt-cache policy kodi

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
KODIbuntu Updating problem0