Blank Poster Art
My wife has asked me to put one of her exercise video box sets on XBMC/KODI so that she can access them more easily. Since I never grouped video files in the past, this was my first attempt at getting it to work. After reading I was able to get things to work, however I am not having one small issue. I have been able to get the video files grouped, but after doing so I now have a few posters that have no artwork or video associated with them yet they still show up. It is just a blank view with a Play arrow in the middle. When I try and select them, it just skips past them.

I have switched to Confluence, and they are no longer visible. As soon as I go back to Aeon Nox, they come back. As a test I removed KODI as well as the AppData folder for the install. Re Installed and set up the Movie directory again with the same issue. I made no changes to the default setup besides adding the Aeon Nox skin.

Screen Capture
(2015-04-16, 20:46)Towndrunk Wrote: My wife has asked me to put one of her exercise video box sets on XBMC/KODI so that she can access them more easily. Since I never grouped video files in the past, this was my first attempt at getting it to work. After reading I was able to get things to work, however I am not having one small issue. I have been able to get the video files grouped, but after doing so I now have a few posters that have no artwork or video associated with them yet they still show up. It is just a blank view with a Play arrow in the middle. When I try and select them, it just skips past them.

I have switched to Confluence, and they are no longer visible. As soon as I go back to Aeon Nox, they come back. As a test I removed KODI as well as the AppData folder for the install. Re Installed and set up the Movie directory again with the same issue. I made no changes to the default setup besides adding the Aeon Nox skin.

Screen Capture

This is Kodi bug, I believe, but I could be wrong. This issue should only be present in Showcase and Landscape views. Something about the coverflow effect gives Kodi problems. Back out and go back in and the phantom images will be gone. I don't have a fix for this issue other than to suggest using another view if you find it bothersome.
You are correct, I am using showcase. Like you said, it is just more of an annoyance than anything and is something that I can deal with if there is no current resolution. I thought there was something that I had done wrong and just wanted to make sure. If I try another view the issue does go away. I also have an older installation of XBMC (not sure which version) and it worked find on that box while I was testing last night. Thanks for the response, and I will just deal with it for now.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Blank Poster Art0