Skin settings
I'm looking to replicate the settings and my first problem is the skin settings. Should it be a separate category? Example:
Code:
{ "jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "settings.GetCategories", "params": { "section": "appearance" }, "id": 1 }
Code:
"categories": [
            {
                "help": "Category containing all Skin related settings.",
                "id": "lookandfeel",
                "label": "Skin"
            },
            {
                "help": "Category containing all locale/regional settings.",
                "id": "locale",
                "label": "International"
            },
            {
                "help": "Category containing settings related to how file lists are displayed.",
                "id": "filelists",
                "label": "File lists"
            },
            {
                "help": "Category containing all screensaver settings.",
                "id": "screensaver",
                "label": "Screensaver"
            }
        ]
Therefore:
Code:
{ "jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "settings.GetSettings", "params": { "filter": { "section": "appearance", "category": "lookandfeel"} }, "id": 1 }
Code:
"settings": [
            {
                "addontype": "xbmc.gui.skin",
                "allowempty": false,
                "control": {
                    "delayed": false,
                    "format": "addon",
                    "type": "button"
                },
                "default": "skin.confluence",
                "enabled": true,
                "help": "Select the skin for the user interface. This will define the look and feel of Kodi.",
                "id": "lookandfeel.skin",
                "label": "Skin",
                "level": "basic",
                "parent": "",
                "type": "addon",
                "value": "skin.aeon.shednox.helix"
            },
            {
                "control": {
                    "delayed": false,
                    "format": "action",
                    "type": "button"
                },
                "enabled": true,
                "help": "Change specific skin settings. The available options are dependent on the skin used.",
                "id": "lookandfeel.skinsettings",
                "label": "Settings",
                "level": "basic",
                "parent": "lookandfeel.skin",
                "type": "action"
            },
etc.
As you can see (and in the GUI) there is a sub-menu for the skin settings. How do I get those or don't I?

Thanks.
AWXi - Ajax web interface. Wiki
Those aren't handled by our settings system but by the skin itself. We only store string keys and values and have no idea what they mean. So they (and other addon settings) can't be controlled through JSON-RPC right now.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
That's what I thought might be the bad news. All skins seem to have it so I was hoping it was covered.
When changing the skin via the JSON-RPC a "Use this skin" yes/no popup appears. If you don't select yes in time it reverts. Would it make more sense for Kodi not to ask and just do it?

Also, is it possible to get the yes/no boxes on the notifications?
(2015-04-18, 20:36)Mizaki Wrote: When changing the skin via the JSON-RPC a "Use this skin" yes/no popup appears. If you don't select yes in time it reverts. Would it make more sense for Kodi not to ask and just do it?

Also, is it possible to get the yes/no boxes on the notifications?

Yes this is a known problem. The issue is that in core we don't really know where the call comes from (from the GUI, from JSON-RPC, from a python addon, ...) and in the past it was only possible to change settings from the GUI so this wasn't an issue. I haven't figured out yet how best to solve this.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Skin settings0