Hotkey To Closing The File Sorting Side Blade Menu [SOLVED]
Hello Everyone,

First off, sorry about the title, but hard to describe.
This isn't greatly important but it is puzzling me because it doesn't seem to fit in with what I have been learning.

When you call up the "File Sorting Menu" or in Confluence it is titled the "Side Blade" menu (menu that has view types, and file sorting options) when you hit the "back" button it closes this menu.

In the skin that I have been editing, when you call up this menu and hit the "back" button, it keeps this menu open and goes back in screen behind it (for example if you are in the MyVideoNav.xml screen, it will go to the home screen).

This menu does not have it's own xml dialog file, it is merely coding within each categories file navigation screen, so there really isn't a way to setup a hokey in the appropriate xml keymap to close this menu.

The only difference I see is that the skin I am editing is using the type of list that is made of pieces (like the context menu's use) and Confluence isn't but I would not imagine means anything.

This is probably something very simple but can't seem understand how Kodi is handling this menu's hotkeys.
Hopefully what I am saying makes some kind of sense to someone.

Thank You for reading this and for any answers offered.
Add <onback>Back</onback> to the grouplist or button controls.
Thank You for your response.
I for some reason was not able to get the "Back" value to work, it seemed to crash Kodi when I pushed the button.
I was however able to replace the "Back" value with my ViewType window id number and it now works great.
I originally just had this menu closing with a <onleft> but now I am able to add this button exit option as well.
Wasn't able to find this tag in the manual I have been using.

Thanks Again

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Hotkey To Closing The File Sorting Side Blade Menu [SOLVED]0