Remote install of a skin
Hello, I found a skin here and I have absolutely no idea how to install it...

Where is the media folder?
When I connect to my chromebox where openelec is installed I can mount many shares but I can't manage to find where the media folder is.

Thanks
Nicolas
Wink

You don´t need to know.

1. Download the zip-file from here: https://mega.co.nz/#!JIkhkAwa!YYgM33jpmA...YxOC8VepQo
(it´s the same link which came from the thread for the kodi version. If you use the XBMc version follow the link from the thread you mentioned)
2. copy the downloaded zip file to an USB stick
3. Plug the stick to your HTPC
4. go to system settings->Add-Ons->install from zip-file
5. Browse to the plugged in USB stick and select the zip

Then everything should be installed automagically Wink

If it fails with an error which sounds like "wrong file structure" or similar, please check if there is a zip-file in the downloaded zip-file. I will never know, why ppl do that, but sometimes it´s the case. So you then have to unpack it first. But be aware that you still have a zip file. Don´t unpack the whole container. You need a zip file to install the skin, as the menu option tells you to Wink

Greetings
Indeed, much easier Smile
Thanks a lot for that quick and efficient answer Wink
yw Wink
I indeed have an error about the wrong file structure and there is no zip inside the zip though... Sad
Any idea?
which version of Kodi do you use and which version did you download?

But I saw you already asked at the correct place...so wait for a response in the specific thread. As they might help you better than me Wink
I use OpenElec latest version (5.x)
I downloaded the kodi version.
Try this:

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1961335

Maybe the archive is broken somehow

The download from there seems to be zipped twice. So you have to unpack it first
yep it's working now. Thanks !!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Remote install of a skin0