Android Wrong aspect ratio on widescreen movies
This week I received my StarStream X4 box (it says M8N at the bottom of the box).
I have an issue with aspect ratio in Kodi.
Every time I play a video (streamed or from my local drive) that is wider than 16:9 then the aspect ratio is wrong.
The picture is stretched vertically to fill the entire TV screen.
I do get the black bars on top and bottom, which I expect for the wider formats.The black bars even have the proper height, depending on the aspect ratio of the movie.
However, the actual video that is supposed to run inside the letterbox is stretched vertically to the full screen size and the black bars just cover the top and bottom.
So not only the picture is stretched but also the top and the bottom are cut off by the black bars.
I managed to remove the black bars by using the zoom setting in Kodi and I could confirm that the full picture is "behind" them but it's stretched vertically.
Movies that are in the 16:9 format (1.78:1) show just fine in fullscreen, no black bars anywhere.
Does anyone know how to stop the stretching?
I disabled the hardware acceleration and it seems to have resolved the issue. I need to play with it a little more to confirm.
I also found some January posts about the same problem with a reply that it's already fixed and will be released shortly.
Did that actually happen?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Wrong aspect ratio on widescreen movies0