serverwmc not seeing secondary folder on remote machine
Im having a problem getting a remote client to see a recorded tv directory on my server. The server machine has wmc configured for the c: drive recorded tv folder and a e: drive recorded tv folder. (I move recorded tv from c: to e: daily (automatic move in task scheduler) for space/storage constraints, long story :-)) both folders are shared to everyone and are both in the win7 library (although I am not using homegroup). wmc works fine. I set up serverwmc and it sees both folders in the folder tab, the c: folder shows in the “path to local” area and is in the “enter the network path” area, the e: folder shows under the “watched ‘recorded tv’” area. Running kodi 14.2 on the server machine with serverwmc client it sees both folders and works fine. On a remote client machine running kodi 14.2 and the serverwmc client it only sees the c: recorded tv folder not the e: recorded tv folder. All other functions (live tv, epg, recorded tv on the c: drive) work fine. Does anybody have any ideas how to get the e: drive folder working on a remote machine?
Note; excellent software, it is the only reason I made the jump to kodi from wmc. I needed live tv available to remote machines. Thanks for your work.
the folder for watched recorded tv needs to be in UNC format, i.e. \\server\share. The E:\ format will not work. You can re-add that in WMC. That should fix the issue. Let us know if you have any other questions.
hey sbthomas thanks, changing e: to the UNC format worked great. ive been looking all over for 2 weeks and i couldnt find any info. now i just gotta get my composite inputs working:-) thanks again
No problem, glad to help.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
serverwmc not seeing secondary folder on remote machine0