problem with DialogButtonMenu.xml in Isengard nightly
Hi all,

After receiving some issue reports on my skin's thread about the settings menu not working I started investigating this matter.
In latest nightly build for Kodi Isengard v15 any custom commands in DialogButtonMenu.xml are no longer working.

It seems that only system (builtin) commands like Quit() and ShutDown() are accepted.

You can simply test it by adding 1 item to list 3110 in DialogButtonMenu.xml which opens up a section like the VideoLibrary for example, it's simply not working...

Because I know (at least for my skin) a lot of users use this menu to open up -for example- their settings it's kind of a serious problem as they're not able to reach their settings anymore when they've deleted the shortcut to settings in the normal homemenu.

Hopefully I provided enough info. Please let me know if I can assist further in this matter.
Custom buttons in the shutdown menu seem to be working in Mimic with the Isengard nightly from 4/16. I just tested the settings button and reload skin button and both worked as intended.
(2015-04-18, 00:20)braz Wrote: Custom buttons in the shutdown menu seem to be working in Mimic with the Isengard nightly from 4/16. I just tested the settings button and reload skin button and both worked as intended.

Hmmm, strange... Are you using skinshortcuts for the shutdown menu too ?
I'll install your skin in a sec and try it out. Thanks for testing btw :-)
I'm not using skinshortcuts for the shutdown menu in Mimic.
(2015-04-18, 00:27)braz Wrote: I'm not using skinshortcuts for the shutdown menu in Mimic.

OK, thanks for the quick feedback. So that's not related.. BTW: I just checked with manually adding an item and that didn't work either.

I just did a quick compare of Titan's code and Mimic for the dialogbuttonmenu:

Mimic uses a grouplist with some buttons for the list of commands

Titan uses a list control with items for the commands

So it appears that the issue is related to having a list with items on the DialogButtonMenu.xml ?
Could be. I'm working on something else right now, will have time to test more later.
(2015-04-18, 00:35)braz Wrote: Could be. I'm working on something else right now, will have time to test more later.

Thanks!
I had a problem recently using a skin shortcuts list for the shutdown menu but solved it by adding a close action to the overrides.xml.

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=222913
(2015-04-18, 17:46)Hitcher Wrote: I had a problem recently using a skin shortcuts list for the shutdown menu but solved it by adding a close action to the overrides.xml.

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=222913

Thanks, that's a good tip too. I'm afraid though that this is another issue because the whole link doesn't open, even if I specify an item manually in the list (so bypass the skinshortcuts items).
Works perfectly in Helix, stopped working in recent version of Isengard
Can't reproduce with Confluence. Mind sharing a dummy DialogButtonMenu.xml ?
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
(2015-04-18, 19:41)mkortstiege Wrote: Can't reproduce with Confluence. Mind sharing a dummy DialogButtonMenu.xml ?

Confluence also uses a grouplist with button controls. If you replace grouplist 9000 in Confluence's DialogButtonMenu.xml with a list control you'll notice the error. See below code snippet (quick and dirty but you'll get the idea).

Replace the grouplist 9000 with this in Confluence DialogButtonMenu.xml:

PHP Code:
<control type="list" id="9000">
            <
left>470</left>
            <
top>0</top>
            <
width>340</width>
            <
height>720</height>
            <
onleft>9000</onleft>
            <
onright>9000</onright>
            <
onup>9000</onup>
            <
ondown>9000</ondown>
            <
itemgap>0</itemgap>
            <
align>center</align>
            <
itemlayout width="340" height="45">
                <
control type="image">
                    <
width>64</width>
                    <
height>32</height>
                    <
texture>ShutdownButtonNoFocus.png</texture>
                </
control>
                <
control type="label">
                    <
label>$INFO[ListItem.Label]</label>
                </
control>
            </
itemlayout>
            <
focusedlayout width="340" height="45">
                <
control type="image">
                    <
width>64</width>
                    <
height>32</height>
                    <
texture>ShutdownButtonFocus.png</texture>
                </
control>
                <
control type="label">
                    <
label>$INFO[ListItem.Label]</label>
                </
control>
            </
focusedlayout>
            <
content>
                <
item id="1">
                    <
label>test 1</label>
                    <
label2>working item system command</label2>
                    <
icon></icon>
                    <
thumb />
                    <
onclick>Quit()</onclick>
                </
item>
                <
item id="2">
                    <
label>test 2</label>
                    <
label2>non-working item all other ?</label2>
                    <
icon></icon>
                    <
thumb />
                    <
onclick>ActivateWindow(Settings)</onclick>
                </
item>
            </
content>
        </
control
seems to be related to ActivateWindow() only. probably because the dialog isn't closed.

as a workaround, this working:

Code:
                <item id="2">
                    <label>test 2</label>
                    <label2>non-working item - all other ?</label2>
                    <icon></icon>
                    <thumb />
                    <onclick>Dialog.Close(all,true)</onclick>
                    <onclick>ActivateWindow(Settings)</onclick>
                </item>
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2015-04-19, 19:17)ronie Wrote: seems to be related to ActivateWindow() only. probably because the dialog isn't closed.

as a workaround, this working:

Code:
                <item id="2">
                    <label>test 2</label>
                    <label2>non-working item - all other ?</label2>
                    <icon></icon>
                    <thumb />
                    <onclick>Dialog.Close(all,true)</onclick>
                    <onclick>ActivateWindow(Settings)</onclick>
                </item>

Yep, confirmed that adding Dialog.Close as second onclick action does solve the issue.

I'm using skin shortcuts and users can define their own entries (customize the whole shutdown menu). As there's no such thing as a "global override" in either skin shortcuts OR Kodi.. Any ideas how to solve this ?

Is this something that needs to be changed in Kodi's code or is it expected behaviour that you should add the close-action to items on the shutdownmenu ? In that case this needs to be addressed in skin shortcuts code ?

Isn't it much easier to add that close command in Kodi's code because opening up another window from the shutdownmenu (which is used as sort of quick-access menu by many skins and users) is perhaps something that many users would do from there ?
for most cases "Dialog.Close(all)" (without ,true param) should be the better solution, that way the WindowClose animations will trigger.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
(2015-04-19, 20:08)marcelveldt Wrote: Is this something that needs to be changed in Kodi's code or is it expected behaviour that you should add the close-action to items on the shutdownmenu ? In that case this needs to be addressed in skin shortcuts code ?

Isn't it much easier to add that close command in Kodi's code because opening up another window from the shutdownmenu (which is used as sort of quick-access menu by many skins and users) is perhaps something that many users would do from there ?

That's expected behavior since it's a modal dialog. Introdued with https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/6828
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
problem with DialogButtonMenu.xml in Isengard nightly0