Kodi 14.2 Memory leak?
So i was trying to watch an anime video and stopped it, then came back to resume it and suddenly kodi started using up all my memory (i had 3gb free) i'm sure it would have kept going if i still had any left.

It doesn't do it if i play it from the begining and then fast forward to the spot, it only happens when i try to resume it.

Heres the debug file, i had to end the kodi process because it was freezing up and not letting me do anything else.

http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=NQx9bb7J

also unrelated but how do i turn off subtitle scanning of rar files?
Can you change your render to auto and decoding method to software and re-test.
that didn't fix it

Though i'm pretty sure my gpu doesn't support hardware acceleration anyway. (8800 gts 640)
Nah, your card supports it, even denotes in the log it does.

Anywhoo is it just with that release: Mahouka?
Or with all anime.....dot...dot...dot

Can you pm with release group so I can field test that its not a corrupt header on your file?
the filename is [SallySubs] Mahouka Koukou No Rettousei - 12 [BD 720p AAC] [600898FA].mkv

and yeah this is the first time this has happened.
Hi, have been unable to find that specific episode from the release group: [SallySubs], Ep. 12 exist for other groups, although [SallySubs] has only vol.8 available: Link as of March 20, 2015

Can you pm me with a magnet for EP.12 or link, thanks
messaged you
As far as I can tell the file is using ssa embedded subs which is causing seek delays, but cannot locate any corruption in the header except for the reported file resolution is @ 1280x738 instead of the norm of 1280x720 (probably doesn't have any bearing on it). Duration and frames per byte also seem to be correct.

I downloaded a RAW file from alternate release groups with no sub for a control comparison and file plays fine with seeking and resume point.

I get the same issue as your OP with your file, but the one I downloaded from other group is fine. (Maybe try another download from Horriblesubs release)
Don't know if its worthwhile testing out the 15 Alpha 2 on a test machine if you have another PC about and see if it performs any better on that file, but all in all the file does seem to have an issue.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 14.2 Memory leak?0