Added Color Lines To Slideshow Pictures
Hello Everyone,

When I enter the Slideshow / Picture Fullscreen Picture Viewer I notice that on some pictures on the right side it appears that Kodi is adding a color strip to them. These strips of color are not found on the original pictures files themselves.

I believe Kodi is doing this on some level, on purpose. The color strips that appear are usually one solid color and it seems like their is an intelligence to the colors used. Like if there is a lot of blue on the right side of the picture, the color strip will be a shade of blue.
I would guess that this is done on a programming level to keep all the pictures somehow uniform or something to that affect, but I would rather have that strip of color just be black so it blends in with the black background.

Has anyone else ever noticed this?
Not really a huge problem but was wondering if it is just happening on just my setup or if this is a programmed thing that everyone experiences?
I don't foresee that anyone will have a fix for something like this but if you do please let me know.
Thank You
This is a long-standing problem which, I'm sad to say, has still not been fixed. It's a shame because one of Kodi's core functions is to show pictures and yet (for me at least) this bug renders it unusable for this purpose. The bug report is here along with links to other threads in which this issue has been reported:
http://trac.kodi.tv/ticket/15377
Code:
From 3cc5a659f2caee18d0a26d083b6db931eb0c9725 Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
Date: Sat, 25 Apr 2015 19:23:28 +0200
Subject: [PATCH] Squash Texture

---
xbmc/guilib/Texture.cpp | 1 +
1 file changed, 1 insertion(+)

diff --git a/xbmc/guilib/Texture.cpp b/xbmc/guilib/Texture.cpp
index b669acf..16df062 100644
--- a/xbmc/guilib/Texture.cpp
+++ b/xbmc/guilib/Texture.cpp
@@ -102,6 +102,7 @@ void CBaseTexture::Allocate(unsigned int width, unsigned int height, unsigned in
   if (GetPitch() * GetRows() > 0)
   {
     m_pixels = new unsigned char[GetPitch() * GetRows()];
+    memset(m_pixels, 0, (size_t) (GetPitch() * GetRows()));
   }
}

--

Is it at least black now?
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Btw. I tried with a 900x900 white image and I cannot see an issue neither with my patch nor without it. Is this OS specific? I will try the image from the bugreport.

Edit: Tried with the picture from bugreport -> it's black as it should be, even without any patch. Which OS are you running?
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Thank you fritsch for taking a look at this.

I'm running Kodi 15 Alpha 2 on Windows. I just tried the test image from the bug report and it does show a red/brown stripe down the right hand side. Perhaps this is a Windows-only issue. Making the stripe black would effectively fix the problem as far as I'm concerned. Is there any chance this code could be incorporated into a future nightly/alpha?
Okay. Then it's windows only. A Windows dev needs to take a look. On Linux all is fine without patch.
@fritsh - any chance we can ping a windows dev about this - would be so cool if this bug of >=3 Kodi versions would be fixed, as the stripe is pretty diabolical up on a 2.5m projector screen!!
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
Thank You Guys for all your responses, I haven't been around, I didn't realize anyone responded.
Good to know that I am not the only one that has experienced this, unfortunate there is no fix yet.

Thank You Again
It's fixed in nightlies, so should be in the next beta of Isengard. (thanks to afdechin!)
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Added Color Lines To Slideshow Pictures0