Way To View Certain Dialog Screens
Hello Everyone,

When messing around with skinning common screens like home and category file navigation screens you basically edit the xml files and open up an instance of Kodi to see your progress. I was wondering how people handle more rare xml items like certain dialogs that only showup during when certain functions are happening. For example, I believe it is called DialogProgress.xml that shows a progress bar when something is loading.

As I have been getting more into editing existing skins for practice, I am a little stumped with how to view these specific screens to edit them? Also their are even xml files that I have no clue what they are at all, it would be nice to be able to load them up somehow to see what they are and how they look.

I have been looking around and I have seen the many posts on requests for some kind of skinning program, but if nothing like this exists how is everyone creating these screens and testing them out?
I thought the Notepad++ plugin might have been a possibility but I was never really able to get much to work with it unfortunately.
Anyways if anyone has any techniques they would like to share I am open to hearing them.

Thank You to anyone who reads this.
Use Debugging/skinning aid for any skin to see what they are and check Tips & tricks in Skinning for Kodi on how to view some of them. If there's anymore just search as most have been asked about one time or other.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Way To View Certain Dialog Screens0