Searching in YouTube
I'm not sure if this is a skin problem or an add-on problem, please excuse me if I'm in the wrong place.

I recently upgraded from Frodo to Helix, and added the YouTube addon. I'm using the Aeon Nox skin that was already on Frodo.

When I go to search in the YouTube plugin, I get what looks like a keyboard with no markings on the keys, and nowhere apparently for text to be displayed. A bit frustrating. Using the physical keyboard doesn't enter text either.

Is there a different YouTube addon for Helix, or should I change skins? If the latter, could someone point me to a skin that looks like Nox but works with Helix? Everything else seems to be OK, though the entries in Programs seem a bit squashed together.
Whatever the problem, I suggest you provide some more details concerning its nature. Smile
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
Yes sorry, I accidentally posted that before I'd finished writing.
Please, missing glyphs on YouTube search keyboard, anyone seen or fixed this ?
Please, missing glyphs on YouTube search keyboard, anyone seen or fixed this ?
First...you could have used this (already existing) thread => http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=200735 Wink

Secondly, provide at least a complete debug log (wiki) and a screenshot.
Sorry, that was quite disrespectful of my, when I'm asking for help. Im having trouble getting information to you though

Here's a link to a picture on my public Dropbox store, I couldn't find another way of doing it, hope it's OK

The log file is too big to post here, how can I send it ?

If there's a better way to send an image please tell me and I'd be very happy to oblige.

I'd really like to get this fixed of course, Kodi/Helix has now grown greatly in my setup, with DLNA and OpenHome now possible. This search misfunction takes value from the YouTube add-on that I'd really like to have.

Please, let me know if there's any other way I can help or provide information, in particular in showing you a screenshot of what's going on.

Many Thanks
Rob
Ah I see now, sorry for my fumbling here. The log file is at http://xbmclogs.com/pfmdxbj6m
Based on the Screenshot it's related to the skin...has nothing to do with the addon. Contact the developer of the skin.
Yes, Aeon Nox needed upgrading for Kodi, I now have that done and everything looks good. I lost a few things along the way, backdrops, music thumbnails.. a bit nasty all in all, I'll treat it as a whole new skin and see if I still like it.

Thanks for all your time and replies, it's all sorted now. I'll try a bit harder next time to see if I can fix something myself before asking, and if I do have to ask to be specific and provide relevant data with the problem,

Again, thanks
(2015-04-22, 09:24)emueyes Wrote: Yes, Aeon Nox needed upgrading for Kodi, I now have that done and everything looks good. I lost a few things along the way, backdrops, music thumbnails.. a bit nasty all in all, I'll treat it as a whole new skin and see if I still like it.

Thanks for all your time and replies, it's all sorted now. I'll try a bit harder next time to see if I can fix something myself before asking, and if I do have to ask to be specific and provide relevant data with the problem,

Again, thanks

NP Wink next time, just post your question directly in the thread of the YouTube addon...so I can find it faster Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Searching in YouTube0