Video playlist confusion
Hi,

i try to query the video playlist from Kodi Isengard but found some contradictions.

Here's what the JSON interface returns while testing the video player with a "Brave" mkv and its playlist capabilities:

1) play movie via Home / Favorites / Left-click -> no playlist
2) play movie via Home / Recent items overlay / Left-click -> no playlist
3) play movie via Home / Movies / Recently added / Left-click on "Brave" -> playlist with size 1
4) play movie via Home / Movies / Recently added / Right-click on "Brave" / "Play from here" -> playlist with items in the recent added list
5) play movie via Home / Movies / Recently added / traverse up to root / Files / Left-click on "Brave" -> playlist with size 1
6) play movie via Home / Movies / Recently added / traverse up to root / Files / Right-click on "Brave" / "Play from here" -> playlist of arbitrary size (includes "Brave" but also files from the same directory like a Linux ISO)

And then there's the queue option which behaves correctly i think.

Also, when there's currently a playlist (of lets say 3 items) and i "clear" that playlist via the left overlay menu while the movie is running, the playlist is still returned via JSON but its vanished in Kodi.

So, is this all indented behavior (especially point 6) or did i found a bug?

So lonG
This is not bug for 1 to 6 Smile this is unfinished things, currently items can be started outside of a Playlist but Montellese stated this should not be the case and that ultimately all should be wrapped in a Playlist.

I suppose this will be fixed when / if someone take over the playlist system.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video playlist confusion0