Kodi with a Smart TV...???
(2015-04-23, 16:03)BatterPudding Wrote: You need YATSE as the main remote control. Makes life easier all round and will be the best interface for the users.

OR the local user picks up a wireless keyboard and mouse for controlling their KODI TV.

TeamViewer is like VNC and those programs. Designed for one person at a computer to control another computer at a physically different location. Useful for full on maintenance of a headless computer, but a bit over the top for just simply controlling KODI. It also needs two PCs Big Grin

TeamViewer has an Android version as well so you can use a smart phone in place of the second PC. That's why I figured she wouldn't need YATSE, because she would have full control of not only Kodi but her entire PC right from her cell phone. I'm going to play with them on my own system today and see what the best setup would be for her.
TeamViewer can be laggy as it is trying to haul the whole screen around. Especially odd when a video is running and slightly weird and clunky on the tablet.

YATSE is designed for the job and is much more natural to use. Especially for non-geeks.

Or just get one of these http://www.amazon.co.uk/Logitech-Wireles...005LDLQXG/ or similar. That is the old model and bargain cheap now.

Personally I use all three, depending on where I am sitting and what I am doing.

While playing in the Google App store, don't forget there is a Panasonic TV remote in there as well for that TV set. (Pick "Remote 2")
A big bonus of YATSE as a remote is it will allow you to browse through what is available to watch while already watching something else.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi with a Smart TV...???0