• 10(current)
Release Syfy Channel Video Addon
(2017-03-13, 16:52)drdwridav Wrote:
(2017-03-13, 15:38)learningit Wrote: I see the problem. Hopefully this is a one-off. If it occurs more frequently I'll look into what, if anything, can be done to fix it.

Great, thanks. Based on what you are seeing do you think these episodes will become playable when fhey are no longer the latest ones (I.e. a week later)? Is this website layout related or something more fundamental?

Let's wait and see for a bit.
Just an update. New episodes of the Expanse and magicians released today plays fine. Last week's episode still fails. All very strange!
I assume this is still an active thread (hope so, anyway)....

I've been using the SyFy add on for quite a while (OSMC/RPI 3/Ext HDD) and have had no problems at all. Only question, can I, as a user, add shows to the list? When I go into the addon, I don't see Dark Matter show up.

Could this be because it's in between seasons and no longer available (iirc, Killjoys runs the same cycle and I believe that shows up in the listing).

Thanks in advance.....and cheers....
You get the content that's available on the website. I don't see Dark Matter there, so it won't be in the add-on.
I beg to differ...to a point Smile Dark Matter is there. If you go to SyFy Shows you can find it (may have to click on "All Shows"). It's there and it says it's back on June 9th. However, and this is prob'ly the key, if you go to SyFy Episodes (I assume that's where the Python code gets the real info), it's not in the list, as you stated. Which is odd because Killjoys doesn't come back till the end of June and it does show up in the list.

I also checked Dark Matter Episodes and found cast info, clips, etc. but no full episodes. It looks like either the episodes have "expired" or SyFy just isn't offering full episodes for this show. Is this any different when the show is "active" (as in broadcasting current episodes)?

Thx and cheers....
(2017-04-25, 12:57)learningit Wrote: You get the content that's available on the website. I don't see Dark Matter there, so it won't be in the add-on.
(2017-04-25, 17:30)stephr1 Wrote: I beg to differ...to a point Smile Dark Matter is there. If you go to SyFy Shows you can find it (may have to click on "All Shows"). It's there and it says it's back on June 9th. However, and this is prob'ly the key, if you go to SyFy Episodes (I assume that's where the Python code gets the real info), it's not in the list, as you stated. Which is odd because Killjoys doesn't come back till the end of June and it does show up in the list.

I also checked Dark Matter Episodes and found cast info, clips, etc. but no full episodes. It looks like either the episodes have "expired" or SyFy just isn't offering full episodes for this show. Is this any different when the show is "active" (as in broadcasting current episodes)?

Thx and cheers....

I have no idea what the point of the above is.
To be very clear and not confuse users: if there are no full episodes, there are no videos for episodes. If there are no videos for episodes the add-on does not display it.
Put another way which may be clearer to some: the add-on only lists shows with full episodes available (and movies, if present).

Dark Matter currently has no full episodes available.
Appreciate the clarification/confirmation. So, I accomplished what I needed to do (tho, in my sometimes roundabout and obscure fashion 8^)

Thx....

(2017-04-25, 18:14)learningit Wrote:
(2017-04-25, 17:30)stephr1 Wrote: I beg to differ...to a point Smile Dark Matter is there. If you go to SyFy Shows you can find it (may have to click on "All Shows"). It's there and it says it's back on June 9th. However, and this is prob'ly the key, if you go to SyFy Episodes (I assume that's where the Python code gets the real info), it's not in the list, as you stated. Which is odd because Killjoys doesn't come back till the end of June and it does show up in the list.

Thx and cheers....

I have no idea what the point of the above is.
To be very clear and not confuse users: if there are no full episodes, there are no videos for episodes. If there are no videos for episodes the add-on does not display it.
Put another way which may be clearer to some: the add-on only lists shows with full episodes available (and movies, if present).

Dark Matter currently has no full episodes available.
(2017-03-13, 15:38)learningit Wrote: I see the problem. Hopefully this is a one-off. If it occurs more frequently I'll look into what, if anything, can be done to fix it.

Hi learningit. Just a heads up to say the issue of occasional episodes not playing has happened again with magicians s2e12....
This add-on has been removed from the kodi.org repo and will no longer be supported by the original author
May I ask why u deleted some of your addons today? Are u removing all of your addons from kodi or just the 5 u did today?
Also curious why the SyFy add-on was removed
Syfy has been removed from my Kodi. What happened?
It was removed from mine too, so I just disabled Automatic Update and installed it again from a backup.

There is now no longer any support as the Author has discontinued it, but until the addon itself stops working, its still worth keeping and I dont feel its right for Kodi to remove it, that's my choice alone, so now it no longer can.

If anytime soon the addon stops scraping and populating the json, then I will have to fix it myself (not that hard really lol) It makes no sense for a working addon to be discontinued and automatically removed.

Ian.
Edited by mod
I'm closing this thread as the add-on is no longer in the kodi.org repo and is not supported by the original author.
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Syfy Channel Video Addon2